question

gina-marques11566 avatar image
gina-marques11566 asked todd-banning11095 commented

RC Logging Type field in Salesforce - how does this get populated

We recently added the RC app into our Salesforce instance. There is a custom field titled RC Logging Type that was installed and I am trying to figure out how and when this is populated. I need to add automation in Salesforce when a call activity is logged via RC and wondering if I can use this field. We are on RC ver 5.10

app administration
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

lucy-tu-tu11579 avatar image
lucy-tu-tu11579 answered gina-marques11566 commented
Hi Gina,
When we log a call as a task, we will define RC Logging Type as 'call'.
if we log a SMS, we will define RC Logging Type as 'sms' accordingly.

when you log a call/sms as a task, we will populate value to RC Logging Type.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

gina-marques11566 avatar image gina-marques11566 commented ·
thank you
0 Likes 0 ·
bala-koppella12102 avatar image
bala-koppella12102 answered todd-banning11095 commented
Hi, i was trying to remove the RC Logging type from the softphone layout while saving the log. Is there any way i can do that from my salesforce instance ? Thanks

2 comments
1 |3000

lucy-tu-tu11579 avatar image lucy-tu-tu11579 commented ·
Hi Bala, thanks for your replying.
Currently, the RC Logging Type is default value and we can't remove it from CTI.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us.
0 Likes 0 ·
todd-banning11095 avatar image todd-banning11095 commented ·
How can I add custom task fields to the display fields in my softphone layout? Our org would like to add a custom "Call Outcome" field inside the RC for Salesforce window that will allow users to select from a custom picklist set at the time they are completing the call. 
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys