Question

I need help diagnosing an undelivered fax.

• 28 November 2018
  • 2 replies

I'm testing some Java code to send faxes via RingCentral. Some of my faxes are sent and delivered. Other faxes have get the same response from the REST API, but are never delivered. They are all using the same credentials and going to the same fax number.

When I look in the call logs for the app, I don't see the faxes that weren't delivered.

Both responses look like they succeeded, with a message status of "Queued".

Is there anything I can do to find out what happened to the fax that was never delivered after it left my client?

2 replies

You need to continue to poll the call logs status. "Queued" means the message hasn't been sent yet. If sending is failed you will see the status as "Failed".
Follow up:

I was using the Java library provided by RingCentral when I wrote this question.  Since then I have abandoned that library and written my own code.  RingCentral's code depends on OkHttpClient, which spawns threads that never die and tries to hide its connection pool management.  Once I stopped using that and started using an Apache HttpClient all of my faxes are being delivered.  I'm not sure why they weren't when I used the RingCentral JAR.