question

beck13307 avatar image
beck13307 asked Phong Vu commented

Downloading call recordings with rate limit

We're wanting to download the call recordings for every call we have when they happen. Ideally, if the subscription events in the API gave us the recording content URL on disconnect that would be helpful, but instead we will likely use the sessionId from the events to get the call and then get the call recording from there.

Whichever way we do it, I believe we are likely to be going over the rate limit to be downloading potentially 15-50 calls a minute. (Rate limit would only let us get 10 a minute)

We would prefer to not have to throttle these calls as it likely wouldn't catch up until the end of business each day.

If requesting to increase our rate limit is the best option here, then we could ask for that, but I'm interested in knowing if there is possibly a better way of doing what we want to do here.

Thanks

rate limits
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·
I think so. But if downloading the binary is not urgent, you can always keep the recording content URIs some where and schedule to read them one by one to avoid exceeding the rate limit.

+ Phong
1 Like 1 ·
beck13307 avatar image beck13307 commented ·
Okay, so this is what I was doing. So if I need to download more than 10 calls per minute I guess I need to put in a request to increase our rate limit?
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys