question

matt-resmer13992 avatar image
matt-resmer13992 asked matt-resmer13992 answered

How to receive inbound sandbox test extension call

Hi,

I've got a WebHook subscription set up for my sandbox account. It's set up to trigger on incoming-call-pickup for my test "101" extension.

When I call my allocated phone number, I get the automated receptionist and can dial through to my extension. But then I get hold music for a while followed by the option to leave a voicemail.

How do I actually get that call to 101 picked up so I can do my WebHook testing?

Thanks for any help

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
I think you need to login  https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com and configure a phone number there. Because "The Main Company Number will connect callers to the Auto-Receptionist. "
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
Hi Matt,

I guess what you want is to have a phone ringing and pickup that call to answer the test call right? If that is what you wanted, just download the RingCentral soft phone and install it into your computer.

When you run the RingCentral soft phone, switch to the sandbox mode before you login. On Mac OS press and hold fn + command + f2 keys and on Windows press and hold Ctrl + F2.

Let me know if this is not the answer.

+ Phong
1 |3000

matt-resmer13992 avatar image
matt-resmer13992 answered
Thanks guys ... and thanks Phong, that's what I needed. Works perfectly
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys