question

ovunc-gursoy14019 avatar image
ovunc-gursoy14019 asked ali-syed12985 commented

API:getPresenceStatus How can I fetch presences of multiple users at once without exceeding the request limit?

Hi Community,

We are trying to create an external web application that monitors the user's presences(telephony and presence status). We are aware of the request limit which is 50req/min in this situation. We need to find a way to fetch the statuses without exceeding the request limit.
For instance: We have a grid that contains a list of users and need to monitor at least one hundred users at once.
Even if we can set a pagination logic in the grid, it is very easy to exceed the request limit with the current setup. We are stuck right now and we can not find an elegant way to solve the problem.

The API endpoint we use is

https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountid}/extension/{extensionid}/presence?detailedTelephonyState=true

Any help or ideas is appreciated.

Thanks.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey Ovunc, I'm going to move this over to our Developer Community where they may have some suggestions :)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Hi Ovunc,

Please estimate the numbers of queries you might need per minute, business justification (like you explain in your question), and send a request for increasing the limit on a help ticket.

+ Phong

1 |3000

brandon-hein avatar image
brandon-hein answered ali-syed12985 commented
I have a solution that solved this exact same problem by webhook subscription Ring Central offers. I built a cloud api that 'mangaged' the latest update per extension. Keeping that record until another webhook event came in, for that extensionid, came in to update it. When you do this... you can build out your own 'get presence' api call for this new app yoi built, that can eliminate throttled calls, user access to only so many accounts, and the batched call maxed Ring Central provides. Or you can talk to your rep about having thresholds lifted.
1 comment
1 |3000

ali-syed12985 avatar image ali-syed12985 commented ·
I'm looking to do the exact same thing. Would love to see how you went about doing this. I'm working with the c# RC library and doesn't look like there is anything that can facilitate this.

Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys