question

tt2 avatar image
tt2 asked Anirban answered

How to know if a fax transmission through the API succeeded?

If you want to learn how to check the status of a fax transmission via the API here is the answer:

When you are sending a fax message through the FaxOut API, you can check the status of its transmission. Outgoing faxes pass through several workflow phases, so when you have just sent an API request message its status will be Queued (this status is returned in the FaxOut API response).

After some time (usually within couple of minutes) the status of the fax message will be changed to either Sent (which means that the fax was sent successfully) or to Sending Failed.

You can call the Get Message or the Get Message List API to check the status of a particular message.

Read more here

rest apifax
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jason-wright91 avatar image
jason-wright91 answered
Is there any way to see WHY a fax failed? It would be nice to know if it was because the line was busy or there was no answer or if there was another problem. I know I can look at the Call Log but I can't see how to match it up with the faxes. For instance, yesterday we sent 3 faxes to the same number in a short period of time. 1 of them failed. Looking at the call log for that number I can see that 7 total attempts were made for those 3 faxes but I can't tell which call log records belong to which fax. If we could filter the call log by Fax ID of have the Call Log return the Fax ID then that would help a ton.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

In general Fax can be viewed in the Service Web Portal (https://service.ringcentral.com) in both Messages > Sent Items and in the Call Log.

If a fax transmission fails, the reason is reported in the Call Log Record's result property. It is also presented in the Service Web Portal. All the Fax question are answered here and the following link will be helpful:

ref: https://forums.developers.ringcentral.com/questions/144/fax-faq.html

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys