question

global-it-api7890 avatar image
global-it-api7890 asked Jesse Merriman commented

Making a call to the sandbox from softphone

Hello,

I have my sandbox setup and I have 2 users the admin and a test user. How do I make a call to my test user in the sandbox from the softphone I am in the sandbox with the softphone by clicking ctrl+F2. But the only option I have is to do a ringout which I don't think is what I want. I want a true call. From research Ringout is different than an actual call.

Thanks,

K

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
If it's not a programming question, please post it to  https://community.ringcentral.com/ instead.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

vyshakhbabji avatar image
vyshakhbabji Deactivated answered Jesse Merriman commented
Please add the digital line to the extension in the sandbox   using this doc :  Adding a Digital Line (KB 3136) 

Logout and login to softphone. 

You should go to settings - > Calling -> outbound -> Direct Dail enable it and then you should be able to make direct calls. 
1 comment
1 |3000

Jesse Merriman avatar image Jesse Merriman commented ·
Your doc link is incorrect.
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys