Question

Is it possible to gain access to the account telephony sessions event in sandbox account?

• 18 April 2019
  • 6 replies

Any way to get access to the account telephony sessions event in the sandbox account? My company is evaluating moving to RingCentral and I'm told this event would let us monitor all incoming calls from certain numbers, apply our own logic to those calls and reroute as necessary. The only issue is I can't evaluate our ability to do this since this particular event is not available in my sandbox account.

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi Tim,

Please read this blog and let me know if you have further questions. Basically, what you want is completely doable with our Telephony APIs.

As for testing on your sandbox with multiple users, goto https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com, login with the main company number (an admin user) and add more users to your sandbox account, remember to add direct phone number to each extension (user) so you can test with those phone numbers.

Hope this helps!
+ Phong
Thaks, Phong, but it looks like your blog post referred to determining presence. What I need to do is decide where to route incoming calls from a handful of 800#s to various ring groups based on the area code and prefix (and maybe the entire 10-digit number in some cases) of the caller.

We already have the logic to handle this decision in a database function, so I'm looking to ensure that the RC event exists that can be subscribed to in order to monitor every inbound call, pass the call parameters to our database function, and ultimately return the correct ring group for routing the call. Does that make sense? Is the /restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/telephony/sessions event the right one to use in this case?
Userlevel 1

Hi Ivie,

Welcome onboard!

The Call Control API is publicly accessible now and the TelephonySession is no longer needed.

All you need is to login your developer account at developers.ringcentral.com, open the app and add the CallControl permission to the app.

Let me know if you need further supports

Thank you, Phong, I thought as much because the subscription code ran without error. Now, just trying to figure out how to setup code to listen for incoming call event.

C#. Both please

Userlevel 1

For PubNub C# please see this quick start code.

For Webhooks C#, see this quick start code.

In both cases, change the event filter to receive presence event as follow:

eventFilters = new[] { "/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/presence?detailedTelephonyState=true"}