question

andrea-yan12580 avatar image
andrea-yan12580 asked

Zoho CRM Integration on RingCentral App

Our Sales team is using the Zoho CRM Integration. They would like to use just the RingCentral App as their primary communications app.

Links regarding the integration from both the Zoho side and RC side I am using for reference (not sure if there are more out there?):

https://help.zoho.com/portal/kb/articles/ringcentral-integrate

https://www.ringcentral.com/apps/zoho-crm-ringcentral

The RC side states that it is compatible for Glip and Voice.

Does the Voice tag indicate that it is compatible only for RingCentral Softphone?

Additionally Glip is also a tag for this integration, but Glip is now part of the all inclusive RingCentral App which includes the phone option. Is this still applicable?

Additionally the screen caps for the integration show to be what looks like an older version of Glip without the phone option. So it's not really clear if the RingCentral App will be compatible.

The Zoho integration instruction side states that RingCentral Softphone must be launched and there is no mention of being able to use the RingCentral App and there are old Glip screenshots there as well.

The documentation/screen captures may need some refreshing now that that Glip has phone functionality now.

Despite all this, all I need to know is:

Can the Zoho CRM integration be used without the RingCentral Softphone app?

(If it can't be then there isn't any more troubleshooting that needs to be done and I will just have to tell the users they will need to use the Softphone to be able to use the integration.)

Case Number: 08706741

integrations
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

0 Answers

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys