question

atari800xl11757 avatar image
atari800xl11757 asked Tyler Liu commented

Please develop a Zapier MMS app

Does anyone want to be able to automate sending the following?:

Videos: 3gp, mp4, mpeg, flv, wmv, mov
Audio: mp3
Files: vcf/vcard, zip, rtf, html

RingCentral does NOT have the Zapier integration so you need a developer to accomplish this.

RingCentral has an SMS Zapier app but none for MMS. Please develop a publicly available Zapier MMS app!

integrations
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered Tyler Liu commented
Currently there is no RingCentral Zapier MMS integration. I sent this page to the engineering team and they are discussing.
8 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·
Ok so you post something to RingCentral in order to create a new MMS? 

RingCentral has API to send MMS:  https://github.com/ringcentral/RingCentral.Net/blob/master/RingCentral.Tests/MMSTest.cs

You can setup a webhook yourself. So that you post something to the webhook, this webhook invoke RingCentral API to send the MMS.
1 Like 1 ·
atari800xl11757 avatar image atari800xl11757 commented ·
Tyler Long,

Thank you! It would be wonderful to have this functionality. I've spoken with developers who will charge me several thousand USD to create a private app. I'd prefer to have it be public & would be willing to pay your company to open this up. I can probably get a group of investors to help pay for the development costs - this really should be public.

I know that you do have Fax opened up on Zapier - it seems this would function much in the same way as MMS. All that's needed is a compatible object pointed to with a url and voila, it sends.

I hope the discussions with engineering are positive!
0 Likes 0 ·
Tyler - could you assist me with getting RingCentral to accept a post webhook for MMS? 
0 Likes 0 ·
Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·
What do you mean? You want to post something to RingCentral or you want RingCentral to post something to your url?
0 Likes 0 ·
Post something to RingCentral.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys