Question

Fax: How do I get faxes sent to my Email?

• 30 June 2014
  • 5 replies

How do I set up fax to email.  I would like to have a fax number as part of our unlimited plan than when people fax that number it comes into my email.  I can't find how to do that.

5 replies

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I need to be able to f ax from my outlook account.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I sent a fax via email. How do I know if the fax has been sent?.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled too difficult to send faxes by having to open this account. should be able to jus.... too difficult to send faxes by having to open this account. should be able to just email with a rintoo difficult to send faxes by having to open this account. should be able to just email with a ringcentral email like you do with my fax or nextivafax.com; most of the time, I am forwarding an email or creating the email to fax, so it's too much work to go into the Ringcentral account. Also our nextivafax #s never got ported as we emailed 5-10 times.
To receive faxes by email, you will need to log in to your account and go to Messages & Notifications > Notifications and enter the email address you wish the fax notifications to go to.  Then, click  Advanced Notification Options and make sure the following boxes are selected. 

Note: If your account is setup to be HIPAA compliant, you will not be able to receive faxes via email. 

You can also send faxes via your email account .Visit: Sending Fax Messages Using Email
So, if I didn't have that one box checked to "Include attachment with email", am I just out of luck?  Is that file lost in the ethereal?