question

Stephen Karpf avatar image
Stephen Karpf asked mary-community-moderator edited

How do I send a fax, from email, to a fax line which is an extension and requires selecting a number?

Don't know how to send fax to a fax line on an extension.
fax
5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image mike commented ·
Question different than original topic Please reference the new conversation here: How can I send a pdf to a development account?
0 Likes 0 ·
Mark Sell avatar image Mark Sell commented ·

How do you send to RC with an extension?

Just adding the extension to the end of the main number used to work last year, but no longer.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Mark Sell commented ·

Hi @Mark Sell, are you trying to send a fax to a RingCentral number?

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark Sell avatar image Mark Sell mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Yes. Sending a fax to a RC number plus extension.

It worked last year - whole number and extension.

Now, only main number works - fails if extension is appended to the end of the number where previously worked fine.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

mike avatar image
mike Deactivated answered mike Deactivated commented
Hi Stephen,  Try sending the fax with the following format: "10 digit phone number * extension number" so it looks like:   xxxxxxxxxx*xxx@rcfax.com

This may not work depending on the receiving machine. You are sending to another number outside of RC, I'm not sure if the receiving system will recognize the " * " symbol, so you'll probably want to test it and follow up with a phone call to assure they received it. 

Note:  This will not work when sending to a RingCentral number. Faxes to RingCentral must be sent to just the 10 digit number. 

Mike
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Stephen Karpf avatar image Stephen Karpf commented ·
Worked to a non-RC line which was asking for a menu selection to receive a fax! Thank you.
0 Likes 0 ·
mike avatar image mike commented ·
Great!  Glad I could help.  Thanks for the follow up! 
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app