question

kim avatar image
kim asked lolo-lam answered

Admin: How do I delete a User?

To delete an Active User, the user must be disabled with a yellow bubble (see image 1).  After it is disabled the "delete user" will appear under "User Info" (see image 2).

Inactive Users:   If the extension has a gray bubble you either need to activate it to disable it then delete it, or contact support to have it deleted.  Support can ONLY delete a User if there is NO Digital Line (DL) attached...this is due to contract reasons.  If there is a DL attached then you must contact your sales representative. 
  *  (DL meaning a device + a number)

Users > find the extension> then Disable it

After the extension is disabled, it can be deleted. 

admin portal
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image mike commented ·
Hi Matt, Sorry if you had a bad experience. You are welcome to contact us here and we'll do our best to help you out. 

0 Likes 0 ·
bfoley avatar image
bfoley answered
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I delete a user from RingCentral?. I could not find a way to delete a user from the RingCentral system. If someone leaves our company, is there a way to remove the user? And by user I mean a user without a digital line assigned.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

4wehelp avatar image
4wehelp answered
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Delete users that were never activated. We just joined RC today and are still learning our way around. We set up some extensions/users that we don't want to keep and they have never been activated.

"Status: Not Activated"

How do we delete these?
1 |3000

Nate Weatherly avatar image
Nate Weatherly answered
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cancel a User. We just had an employee leave, so we want to cancel their user account so we are not charged for this user any longer. We're not ready to hire someone new just yet for this position, but I want to make sure that we can instantly re-add a user and start using this phone right away once we do. Of course that will mean we start paying for that user again.

Just making sure that we can instantly be issued a phone # and start using that IP phone again once needed.

If so, what are the steps for removing that user, taking that phone offline so that we don't pay for that user any longer (until it's needed again).
1 |3000

lolo-lam avatar image
lolo-lam answered
I have no idea why RingCentral has to be so freaking complicated...everything is a struggle...Zoom was so easy... 
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app