question

andrew-barriskill4586 avatar image
andrew-barriskill4586 asked emmanuel-g answered

Fax: How to customize, or remove fields from the fax cover sheet?

We only use RingCentral for faxes. The coversheet shows the Ringcentral number as a phone number making it unusable for us. We need to customize the phone & fax number shown. This forces us to leave the Email subject line blank - a problem because this is how everybody was labeling their faxes for searching (when we used eFax).

fax
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

rickkee6997 avatar image rickkee6997 commented ·
Why don't you just provide the templates without The RingCentral advertising at the bottom?  I believe if you surveyed your clients, the general consensus would be that the majority do not want your advertising at the bottom of corporate fax cover pages.  It takes some design skills and valuable time to reinvent cover pages without unauthorized Ring Central advertising at the bottom of the page.
1 Like 1 ·
mike avatar image mike rickkee6997 commented ·
creating new Idea topic Please reference the new conversation here: Fax: Remove RingCentral logo/ad from the bottom of the fax cover sheets
0 Likes 0 ·
mike avatar image
mike Deactivated answered
Hi Andrew, you can just download the Custom cover sheet, delete the phone number field or any other fields, save it, and import it back in as a custom cover sheet.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

andrew-barriskill4586 answered
Great.  When I called phone support they said there was nothing I could do.
Are the steps for doing this details somewhere?
1 |3000

mike avatar image
mike Deactivated answered
There are several ways, but I think the easiest method is doing it right through the Desktop application. See screenshots below.

1. Open the RC Desktop app and initiate the fax process by clicking the fax icon. 

2.  Click the existing cover page name. (usually English by default)

To simplify you basically click the "sample.docx"  link when you get to the following screen. Edit the doc and save it with a different name.  Then using that same window click the "+" icon to import the file and give it a name int he "Enter Name" field. To save it you click the checkmark on the top right side of the window. After you complete those steps it will show up in the list of cover pages. 

3.  Scroll down and click the "+" symbol. 

4.  Click "sample.docx" to download the template.

5.  Delete the "phone" field or any other field you do not wish to have present on the cover sheet. 

6.  Save the document under a name of your choice. In Word File > Save As.  Then return to the RC Deskopt app and click the Attach File button. You'll be prompted to browse your computer and choose the file name you save the document as. 

7.  Enter a file name in the box shown below and click the "check mark" to save the file. 

8.  Your new custom cover page will appear below the standard pages as shown here. 

1 |3000

andrew-barriskill4586 answered kim commented
Mike this still doesnt work.  I loaded a custom cover sheet but when I send a fax from Email it doesnt use it.  We fax from Email not using your app.  How can I get a custom cover sheet when faxing via Email?  Thanks Andrew
8 comments
1 |3000

mike avatar image mike commented ·
Hi Rickkee,  If you follow the steps above on this thread, and download the docx file, there will be no RingCentral branding on the page.  It will look like this. 

1 Like 1 ·
The process above will only work when sending from the RC application.   If you are sending from your email client, it won't work. When sending from email, you'll have to just attached the cover like an ordinary attachment. 
0 Likes 0 ·
jbs avatar image jbs commented ·
I have successfully configured a custom cover page and it works well from the app. I cannot see how to add the  " page x of n " variable to the cover page. Can you help me out? Thx
0 Likes 0 ·
Sorry, there's not an automated way to do this. 
0 Likes 0 ·
kim avatar image kim commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
rickkee12 avatar image
rickkee12 answered
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Remove logo from fax cover.. Well, it's the "Future" now.  Where is the improvement?  Can you provide me the stock RingCentral cover pages in word.docx format for editing?  I can only get the .jpg file out of C:\Program Files (x86)\RingCentral for Windows\images\fax
1 |3000

weinmann avatar image
weinmann answered mike Deactivated commented
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Fax CoverPage Customization.

We only use Ring Central for  Faxing and we want to fax by email, not using the desktop app.  There is no way to remove the phone number assigned by  Ring Central from our fax cover page.  So, every fax we send shows an incorrect phone number for us.

4 comments
1 |3000

andrew-barriskill4586 avatar image andrew-barriskill4586 commented ·
The only think you can do is leave the subject line blank so it doesn't send a cover sheet.
It's crazy I know.
Such an obvious thing for them to fix.
0 Likes 0 ·

In the Desktop app, you can set the cover default to "none".  Or you can also just save a custom fax cover to your computer and attach it along with the main fax if you are sending via email. 
0 Likes 0 ·
andrew-barriskill4586 avatar image andrew-barriskill4586 commented ·
Mike - we keep telling you - we dont use the app. We use Email.  Its much easier.
0 Likes 0 ·
Sorry for the confusion Andrew... that response was for WEINMANN, whos post I merged into this thread.  
0 Likes 0 ·
chris-duquette4018 avatar image
chris-duquette4018 answered
it seems like a more user friendly customize-able cover page might be a good idea. time will tell if enough people agree and they take it to the higher ups to make it happen.
1 |3000

authorization-hotline14309 avatar image
authorization-hotline14309 answered saadetswift16514 commented
Here I am two years later and they still have not done it.  I don't think Ringcentral cares what the customer needs....
1 comment
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·

We understand your frustration, Authorization Hotline. And although it may appear as if we dont care, we are behind the scenes actively working with our Product Team regularly to share your frustrations and concerns.

Our product objectives shift as our product changes, but we are keenly aware of the pain points that some of you experience. At this time, this issue is not on our larger road map, and although we acknowledge how frustrating this is, well continue to advocate for you and share your ideas in the hopes that your overall experience is a good one.
0 Likes 0 ·
jenny-winters15556 avatar image
jenny-winters15556 answered
Our facility is using the custom cover sheet provided by ring central.  Upon using this cover sheet we have discovered the recipient's phone number is not merging into the document.  Is the code for the phone number to merge still {Recipient Phone}?
1 |3000

donna12 avatar image
donna12 answered saadetswift16514 commented
So how do you remove the main account phone number from the cover sheet so that the phone number assigned to the extension you are faxing from is the only number that appears? I do not use the desktop app, only the website.
1 comment
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Donna, right now there is a limitation with changing the phone number that displays on the fax cover sheet. Please vote for this functionality here.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app