question

Jay Broussard avatar image
Jay Broussard asked homer-jones12612 answered

ringcentral for windows silent install

Is it possible to deploy or silently install the Ringcentral for Windows desktops application?
ringcentral app
6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Robert Sabo avatar image Robert Sabo commented ·
Silent install from a script via a server based network on a push Install?
0 Likes 0 ·
Jay Broussard avatar image Jay Broussard commented ·
Either/or.
0 Likes 0 ·
mike avatar image mike Jay Broussard commented ·
Jay, you'll probably want to talk to your network admin. We can get you download links for specific versions if you want all users to have the same version. With few exceptions, it's generally best to have each user download the software from their account when they log in. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Merlin Kirkpatrick avatar image Merlin Kirkpatrick commented ·

I would like to know the answer to this question. Surly by now you have solved this. Being focused on business users and all.

0 Likes 0 ·
Chris Yankajtis avatar image Chris Yankajtis commented ·

This worked for me. Know I need the uninstall command

msiexec.exe /i "RingCentral-x64.msi" ALLUSERS=1 /qn /norestart /log output.log /passive

0 Likes 0 ·
Chris Yankajtis avatar image Chris Yankajtis commented ·

what is the msi product code?

0 Likes 0 ·
homer-jones12612 avatar image
homer-jones12612 answered

I know this is an old post, but Yes it is possible to deploy the RingCentral app.

msiexec.exe /i "RingCentral-x64-21_2_30.msi" ALLUSERS=1 /qn /norestart /log output.log /passive

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

homer-jones12612 avatar image
homer-jones12612 answered homer-jones12612 commented

I think it depends on the version that you are trying to uninstall.

22.2.34.4526 would be:

MsiExec.exe /qn /norestart /X{5D016C99-498F-4414-B497-F23264D05861}

I have a utility that tells me the unistall string, but you can usually find the {Code} it in your registry.

Depending on how it was installed, Look in the registry in one of the following places and search for Ringcentral (Or whatever program) and copy the {Code}.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
1 comment
1 |3000

homer-jones12612 avatar image homer-jones12612 commented ·

You may also be able to find the {Code} in the desktop shortcut (If you haven't replaced it with one that doesn't break the taskbar icon with each update like I have.) The problem with the default shortcut is that it gets the icon from the Installer folder, which might actually be helpful for you in this instance. If you Right Click - Properties on the shortcut and click the Shortcut tab and then the Change Icon button, it should reveal the {Code} in the Installer folder.

The reason it breaks the Taskbar icon each time you install a new version is the folder that contains the Icon is removed with each new version. My shortcut gets the icon from the program files "exe" instead of the unique {Code} installer folder "ico" file.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app