question

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec asked linda-young6646 commented

Fax confirmation for faxes sent via email?

Should I expect to get fax confirmations when I send faxes using 5105551212@rcfax.com the same way as when I send them from the desktop app?

fax
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

kim avatar image
kim answered mike Deactivated commented
Yes! For sure via the email confirmation - and I just tested it and it worked. :-) 
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

marcia-willmsen1601 avatar image marcia-willmsen1601 commented ·
Does the email confirmation have the date and time the fax was sent printed somewhere similar to an actual fax via the desktop application?  We'd like to not have to open the desktop application to get the send transmittal.  thank you
0 Likes 0 ·
mike avatar image mike commented ·
Yes, Below is a sample for one I sent earlier today from my email. 

0 Likes 0 ·
bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered linda-young6646 commented
I thought so, but this got strange now.  My first attempt showed no response (positive or negative) and nothing in the desktop app to match.  So then I added my email address to outbound fax section under my user settings even though it is the same email as my account and I assumed I didn't need it. So I tried again and this time I saw in my desktop app that the fax was sent, but also received this email:

When we tried to send your fax, our system detected that you have multiple accounts with the same trusted email address.  Your fax could not be sent because we were not able to determine which account to use.

Please log into the accounts that you do intend to send faxes from and remove your email address from the trusted list by clicking Preferences and then Fax Settings.

So now I am not sure if my fax went or not and unfortunately can't call anyone on the receiving end to check in this case..
2 comments
1 |3000

kim avatar image kim commented ·
Okay, so you want your email address to only be associated with 1 extension "outbound fax settings". Remove the other one, and test again. Do you have notifications for faxes enabled under  Messages & Notifications?
0 Likes 0 ·
linda-young6646 avatar image linda-young6646 commented ·
We had someone get that message, but her email is only associated with one account.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app