question

kowalski avatar image
kowalski asked rob-macoviak9576 commented

Desktop App: How to launch an application on an incoming call

On this page here: https://www.ringcentral.com/support/pc-incoming-call-integration.html

It details the steps for incoming call notification. That screenshot appears to be from an older version of the software, and I do not have the options that it thinks I do.

I am specifically looking for the "Launch another application or URL" option and I cannot find it anywhere.

Please help

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered
Kowalski,

In the General tab of the Windows Desktop app settings, it will be the seventh (7th) selection down on the right side...just under "Purge Data". See the settings screen shot below.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

kowalski avatar image
kowalski answered
Yes, thank you I have found the option. (and yes, I am on 8.1.1)

It works, but please note that it launches my URL twice - so I get 2 different tabs open with the same URL.
1 |3000

kowalski avatar image
kowalski answered
I removed the URL, and put it back in and now it is no longer opening it twice....

I swear that it did happen several times though.
1 |3000

pacific-health-brokers avatar image
pacific-health-brokers answered rob-macoviak9576 commented
On version 10.0.0.30453, my calls incoming will not hold the URL after a reboot.  I need to paste in the command URL after every reboot.  Is there a way to keep this command from disappearing?
5 comments
1 |3000

rob-macoviak9576 avatar image rob-macoviak9576 commented ·
We spoke to customer service and they were able to help us fix the problem. We put in the url then logged out of Ring Central. Then restarted the computer and when we logged back in Ring Central it saved the url.
1 Like 1 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
I would suggest opening up a case so we can grab the debug logs from your softphone

0 Likes 0 ·
rob-macoviak9576 avatar image rob-macoviak9576 commented ·
We are having the same problem but customer service explain that is normal. 
0 Likes 0 ·
jasmine-m3400 avatar image jasmine-m3400 commented ·
  1. Account type  : Office Premium 20 - 99 lines 
  2. A brief description of the business : not discussed
  3. A high level description of the product or feature being requested :  to retain URL/link on the desktop app's Settings>CAlls>Inbound tab for the option to Launch an external app/URL when a call comes in. 
  4. A typical use case scenario explaining how your business would use the feature: customer would enter link in the appropriate box on the app's incoming calls tab, and it would retain the link/URL even if the customer logs out of the app or restarts the computer.
  5. Benefit of such feature: ease of use. 
  6. Number of Users and/or Digital Lines: 47 users/ 42 digital lines
*customer has version 10.2.1 and Issue occurs on both Win7 and Win10

0 Likes 0 ·
deanna-johnson16384 avatar image deanna-johnson16384 commented ·
Does anyone know if there is a solution to this yet? We also have to re enter the URL after every logout or reboot.
0 Likes 0 ·
kim avatar image
kim answered
I'm sorry, that is an old page. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we can get it updated.  

Have you downloaded the RingCentral for Desktop (App for Windows or MAC) onto your Computer yet? Current version as of today is: 8.1.1

Please see here for Overview:  RingCentral for desktop app Overview
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app