Question

Desktop App: How to launch an application on an incoming call

• 14 June 2016
  • 5 replies

On this page here: https://www.ringcentral.com/support/pc-incoming-call-integration.html

It details the steps for incoming call notification. That screenshot appears to be from an older version of the software, and I do not have the options that it thinks I do.

I am specifically looking for the "Launch another application or URL" option and I cannot find it anywhere.

Please help

5 replies

Kowalski,

In the General tab of the Windows Desktop app settings, it will be the seventh (7th) selection down on the right side...just under "Purge Data". See the settings screen shot below.

Yes, thank you I have found the option. (and yes, I am on 8.1.1)

It works, but please note that it launches my URL twice - so I get 2 different tabs open with the same URL.
I removed the URL, and put it back in and now it is no longer opening it twice....

I swear that it did happen several times though.
On version 10.0.0.30453, my calls incoming will not hold the URL after a reboot.  I need to paste in the command URL after every reboot.  Is there a way to keep this command from disappearing?
I'm sorry, that is an old page. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we can get it updated.  

Have you downloaded the RingCentral for Desktop (App for Windows or MAC) onto your Computer yet? Current version as of today is: 8.1.1

Please see here for Overview: RingCentral for desktop app Overview