question

jp-shinn2187 avatar image
jp-shinn2187 asked bettye-clark commented

Contacts: How to add a Fax number as a favorite?

I would like the ability to add a fax number as a favorite, and perhaps a faxing icon to be able to 1-click that favorite and open the faxing window on the desktop app.

fax
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

nathan-malone1532 avatar image
nathan-malone1532 answered jp-shinn2187 commented
Hello JP,

Your RingCentral for Windows desktop app actually allows you to add favorites and you can do a one button click to start a fax to the desired number.

1) When you open your RingCentral for Windows click on the contacts icon in the top center of the screen.

2) From the contacts screen click the + button on the top right of the screen to add a new contact.

3)Enter a name and the fax number you want to have set as a favorite.

4) Then click save.

5) Once the contact has been saved click the star icon to the right of the contact to make it as a favorite.

6) Once the star has been selected click the Star Icon at the top of your RingCentral for Windows screen.

7) Once in the favorites screen you will see the fax icon next to the contact you just created. If you click here you will start a fax with the fax number automatically entered. Simply attache your document, type of note if needed, select your cover page and press send and your fax will be on its way.

I hope this helps and fits your needs.

Thanks!
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jp-shinn2187 avatar image jp-shinn2187 commented ·
That's amazing ... I was chatted with RingCentral support earlier today and they told me this wasn't possible and I should submit it as a request! Thanks for your help ... exactly what I need!
0 Likes 0 ·
david-dickinson avatar image
david-dickinson answered bettye-clark commented
Is this feature now taken away?  It seems the "add contact" has been replaced with "invite" which requires an email address.  My fax/text recipients do not want to sign into the Ring Central app.  I just need a one-button send solution.  Help? 
2 comments
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hey David, 

This isn't an option in the RingCentral app right now. 
0 Likes 0 ·
bettye-clark avatar image bettye-clark commented ·
Boo! This option needs to be added right away. It is not practical to have to manually add the fax number each time you send a fax. Also, the subject line had disappeared. 

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app