question

rhonda3191 avatar image
rhonda3191 asked saadetswift16514 commented

Reports: user activity details in the call queue reports

As an admin I am looking at the user activity details in the call queue reports. What is the user with the *in front of the call queue name supposed to be showing in the report?

analytics and reporting
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

kim avatar image
kim answered
Rhonda - just out of curiosity...why are you putting a * in front of all your call queue names? 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

rhonda3191 avatar image
rhonda3191 answered kim commented
To keep them grouped. The person from Ring Central that helped us start setting them up suggested it. Sorry, I figured everyone must do it that way then. :)
1 comment
1 |3000

kim avatar image kim commented ·
To keep them "Grouped" how? For what...Call Logs/Reports?
0 Likes 0 ·
rhonda3191 avatar image
rhonda3191 answered
I am guessing this must be all of the calls that go unanswered by anyone right? 
1 |3000

kim avatar image
kim answered
What is the user with the *in front of the call queue name supposed to be showing in the report?" 
It's showing a * because you have almost all of the call queue name set with a * in it's Call Queue Name. These are not necessary and can be removed. 

1 |3000

rhonda3191 avatar image
rhonda3191 answered
I see that they are just there so alphabetically these are together. I guess I like it that way and will keep it that way since everyone is used to it now. 
Thanks for the help though. 
1 |3000

nathan-malone1532 avatar image
nathan-malone1532 answered
Hello Rhonda,

Did you still have a question about the missed calls showing in the reports?
1 |3000

rhonda3191 avatar image
rhonda3191 answered
Thanks for asking Nathan........Kind of. I did remove all of the * symbols in front of the queue names. Originally our Ring Central team that was helping us set it up had us create the groups as users and we did that to group them together at the top. So the names stayed the same when we switched to using actual call queue groups. 

As for the reports and looking at the call queue activity I was concerned and wondering about the user activity that showed as the call queue name. To clarify, those are calls that were missed because no one was able to answer them right? If so, is there a way to see when those calls came in to make sure they were missed during non business hours? 
See the attached clip. It concerns me 8 calls came in and it says 8 were missed. When did they come in, why were they missed................

And when you look at "the last 7 days" does that include weekends? 

Thank you!!
1 |3000

nathan-malone1532 avatar image
nathan-malone1532 answered saadetswift16514 commented
Thanks Rhonda,

The last 7 days does include the weekends. Some accounts have activity on the weekends some do not. It simply pulls info for the last 7 days regardless of if there was activity on those days or not. Obviously, then your average calls per day and such fields would not report correctly for you over the last 7 days if you are not open on the weekends as it will factory those days into the reporting.

For instance, if one of your Users took 7 calls over the course of 5 days you should get an average call per day rate of 1.4 or 7 calls divided by 5 days. But if you pull from the last 7 days it will use Saturday and Sunday and you will get an average of 1 call per day or 7 calls divided by 7 days. You would want to use the filter option to view only the days that your Users are taking calls.

As for the missed calls showing in the call queue, there is, unfortunately, no way to know which calls these were. Reports is simply a tool that shows total and average on call activities. You would have to look through the call log to identify the missed calls. Most likely these calls are showing missed under the call queue because your other Users were one the phone and the call was waiting in the queue when the call ended. If the call was being offered to a User when the call ended then It should show that user a missing the call.

Many times I see callers that reach a queue and will hang up for any number of reasons before the call queue can reach out to a member. If this happens the call will be missed and should show as the call queue missing the call in the reports.
11 comments
1 |3000

account3339 avatar image account3339 commented ·
Thanks for the Reply Mike.  I know RC works towards resolving and the reports have come a long way.  I've been working with RC for over 2 years and still trying to find my way through various channels.  Sometimes support tells me to post on the Community and sometimes it is the other way around.  Even with the Call Logs, it took a long time, but finally was able to get complete logs.  Turned out that our call volume and the number of data lines were exceeding the limit designed.  RC finally identified and now delivers via a zip file.  Thanks again.  - Dan  
1 Like 1 ·
I been trying to get an answer on exactly how the avg calls/day and avg calls/hr are calculated.  In the screen shot above it shows 8 calls, if it for 7 days the avg should show 1.14/calls per day, but it shows as .27.  This becomes very clear when set to "Yesterday" as it should only pull one days worth of data and the total number of calls should equal the avg calls/day but does not.
0 Likes 0 ·
mike avatar image mike commented ·
Account,    For issues like above, that is indeed very odd.  The best thing to do open a support case and include screenshots and details of the problem so that it can be escalated to engineering to explain, or fix if there's a problem. 

Mike 
0 Likes 0 ·
Thanks Mike, opened case 05479191.  Not to be rude or disrespectful, but I have pointed this out to various RC Reps and while they acknowledge it, they don't take any action to correct.  Sometimes it feels like as a customer/user, we have to "jump through hoops", it seems to me that someone on RC's end would want to correct it.
0 Likes 0 ·
mike avatar image mike commented ·
Account,   We don't view this as rude or disrespectful at all. This is good feedback!   We apologize for the frustration, but if there's an error in the reported then we can escalate the case as high as it needs to go.  The Reporting tools on our site have undergone a pretty major overhaul the last couple years so we know there's plenty of room for improvement and if there are bugs then our engineers need to know.  Thanks!

Mike
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
rhonda3191 avatar image
rhonda3191 answered
See clip for what I am referring to. But also I notice names of users in that call queue report that are not in that call queue or any call queue. Why would that be? 
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app