question

sorgert avatar image
sorgert asked Cheryl Carter answered

caller id when transferring

Using a yealink phone. Transferring calls using the Transfer option, but receiving party sees caller ID of the extension transferring the call instead of the caller id of the caller.

Would it be possible to include the option to have our customer's caller ID reflect, instead of our extension details? We'd really like to have that option.

Thanks

caller id
9 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

david335384040 avatar image david335384040 commented ·

On our Polycom phones press-and-HOLD the transfer button makes a big difference in preserving the original caller-id.

ft.

1 Like 1 ·
George Seul avatar image George Seul david335384040 commented ·
1 Like 1 ·
karen-inman avatar image karen-inman commented ·

We are using Polycom phones but would like to have this feature as well. The blind transfer requires additional steps for our receptionist who may be receiving many calls at once and does not have the time to do this for all calls.

0 Likes 0 ·
wayne-buhler avatar image wayne-buhler commented ·

why to people keep saying blind transfer can transfer the caller id this is absolutely not true

0 Likes 0 ·
Jennie Jones avatar image Jennie Jones wayne-buhler commented ·

How do you do it? Cause my caller id tell everyone it is my IT guy not the customer calling. I wish they would hurry up and get this fixed, when I transfer a call they say hello Steve, and its not Steve. I do not understand why they have not fixed this yet. It seems to be a big issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Jennie Jones commented ·

Hello @Jennie Jones Have you corrected the Caller ID settings in your online portal? I see that you contacted Technical Support regarding this. Is it still not working on your end?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered Jennie Jones commented

Sorgert,

To get the Caller ID to transfer, you will want to transfer as a Blind Transfer - not a warm transfer (using the Transfer option).

Use this command: ## Ext * or ## Ext # (Blind Transfer from any phone)

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jennie Jones avatar image Jennie Jones commented ·

Why? I don't understand. Why cant it work no matter how your transfer.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jennie Jones avatar image Jennie Jones Jennie Jones commented ·

I do not blind transfer, I ask everyone if they can take a call before I send it. Our last 2 systems let us also you could use the phone itself and the app at the same time no issues. This system does not allow that either. Not very receptionist friendly. Thank you for responding.

0 Likes 0 ·
Cheryl Carter avatar image
Cheryl Carter answered

Hey all, if you have Poly phones, you can change the settings to where all transfers are blind and the caller ID of the original call will show on the other end. Go to settings - basic - preferences - default transfer type - select blind.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app