question

Xarak Khan avatar image
Xarak Khan asked mary-community-moderator edited

Having the error at its start up "E911 service is Limited" and later an icon on top right appears saying you can not make or receive call ?

Having the error at its start up "E911 service is Limited" and later an icon on top right appears saying you can not make or recieve call ?
phonesoftphone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

nathan-malone1532 avatar image
nathan-malone1532 answered
Hello Xarak,

The message that shows that saying that you cannot make or receive calls usually means that the softphone is not able to authenticate to our servers and will not be able to make calls because of that.

But because of the E911 message you are seeing you may not have your E911 address set up in your account. Go to https://service.ringcentral.com/ and log into your account. Once logged in select the "Settings" tab, select the "Phones and Numbers" tab, then select your phone. On the right-hand side, you will see "Emergency Address", select that and you can enter the address of your home or office where you use the phone.

Once that is entered, if you are still getting the error then you need to look into your network configurations to make sure that the softphone can connect to the RingCental servers.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Nate Malone

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

alvin-jed-arancon7170 avatar image
alvin-jed-arancon7170 answered
very helpful. Thank you!
1 |3000

chad-scarbrough avatar image
chad-scarbrough answered lee2 commented
If you have e911 set up, the address has been entered, Click the checkbox "By clicking I Accept below, you acknowledge and agree that.....". I had some users who did not do this step, an Admin you can do this step for the user also.
1 comment
1 |3000

lee2 avatar image lee2 commented ·
Just went through the same thing with some users this morning. 
0 Likes 0 ·
bulk-t-shirt-site avatar image
bulk-t-shirt-site answered jessica-community-moderator commented
i just got this issue, but not able to fix it as you said in forum, what shall i ask from my ISP to change in order to fix this problem, i m using ring central from last 13 months
1 comment
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Check out Nathan's answer above to ensure you have your E911 address set up. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Martin Fowler avatar image
Martin Fowler answered mary-community-moderator commented

So is there a diagnostic button to check connection to the internet and connection to the servers?

Similar to what my 20+ year old PS3 has?

This would be very useful!

1 comment
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Martin Fowler, this isn't available. For feature requests, feel free to submit it in our Ideas Portal here.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app