question

tom avatar image
tom asked benjamin-dean answered

RingCentral for Desktop (Windows) Office Integration/Add-In

Unable to use RingCentral directly from MS Excel/Word via ribbon/toolbar; no indication of RingCentral add-in.

Clean install of v7.3.1.16173& restart on two different computers (Windows), one with Office 2010 and one with Office 2013.

The feature is still listed:

integrations
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

charwest767 avatar image
charwest767 answered
When I checked on this same issue a while back the representative told me that it was not included in the newest updates.  Can't believe how downhill and backwards they are going.  
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tom avatar image
tom answered
@Char.west: Thanks for that info.  I agree; without public target dates for restoring the many missing features, I don't understand how they have a planned date for retiring classic Softphone ( https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/when-will-the-legacy-softphone-be-retired)

@RingCentral Staff:  Please speak to the above, specifically: Is your documentation and marketing simply untrue? (or outdated at best)

Thanks,

Tom
1 |3000

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
Could you provide any error messages or additional information which could help our engineering team to better address this issue please?
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys