question

nch-ivr-laura-l-hawley4687 avatar image
nch-ivr-laura-l-hawley4687 asked pinnacle-cincinnati commented

Is there a way to receive an email of text messages sent?

Is there a way to receive an email of text messages sent?

I receive email notification of text messages received, but not sent. Looking for a good paper trail solution to the whole text conversation with clients.

Thank you!

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered mike Deactivated commented
I don't think there is any way to do this natively, but you may be able to do it with Zapier.  See here for more info:  https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/how-can-ringcentrals-zapier-integration-help-yo...
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image mike commented ·
I've tested out several different Zaps. They do work well,  but I just didn't like how they filled up my email box. However this might  be a good idea. A user could always setup a separate email account to be used as the archive location.  Just a thought. 
0 Likes 0 ·
mike avatar image
mike Deactivated answered pinnacle-cincinnati commented
There's not a way to do that specifically, but, if you are mostly wanting a record of the messages, the archiver may suite your needs. Take a look at:   RingCentral for DropBox
4 comments
1 |3000

bjsvec avatar image bjsvec commented ·
^^ better solution probably since it won't fill your inbox or cost anything :)
0 Likes 0 ·
nch-ivr-laura-l-hawley4687 avatar image nch-ivr-laura-l-hawley4687 commented ·

This looks like it is probably the best solution for me. (?)

Does each extension need to have the archive set up and does it just start automatically after Dropbox is conntected to RingCentral? 

Is there a solution for past texts, recordings ,etc.?

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
mike avatar image mike commented ·
  NCH IVR Laura L Hawley 

If you are the admin on the account, you can just set it up once for all users. This page has more detailed instructions for setting it up.  RingCentral for Dropbox
0 Likes 0 ·
pinnacle-cincinnati avatar image pinnacle-cincinnati commented ·
I cant read any incoming text messages. I just block the number.
0 Likes 0 ·
nch-ivr-laura-l-hawley4687 avatar image
nch-ivr-laura-l-hawley4687 answered
Thank you.  Looks like this will take more time than I have today to set up, but at least an idea to look into.  Thanks again.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app