question

rodneyd3320 avatar image
rodneyd3320 asked mike Deactivated commented

How do I turn off the missed callers on a Polycom VVX410 phone

how do I turn off the missed callers on a Polycom VVX410 phone

hardware
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

rodneyd3320 avatar image
rodneyd3320 answered
No the missed call counts on the top right of the phone. This is a retail environment and there is no need to count missed callers on every phone.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike Deactivated answered
There's not a way to completely disable the notification.  You can only clear the list, but when there's a new missed call, the notification will appear again. 

To remove all calls from the list: 
1. From  Home view, select  Directories and select  Recent  Calls
2. Press  Clear

1 |3000

rodneyd3320 avatar image
rodneyd3320 answered mike Deactivated commented

I saw we could do that but every store always asks the same question how to shut that off. I just tell them to ignore it.

Thanks

1 comment
1 |3000

mike avatar image mike commented ·
Ya... sorry. I know it can be annoying, but there's not a way to just turn it off. 
0 Likes 0 ·
eric-callagher5555 avatar image
eric-callagher5555 answered bjsvec commented
I suggested a new feature on the community to address this issue.  Perhaps you can vote on it?  I have the same issue on call center phones.  Not just this type but on all of the polycoms we have.   https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/options-to-remove-the-missed-call-notifications...

4 comments
1 |3000

george-mkrtchyan1948 avatar image george-mkrtchyan1948 commented ·
The problem is that RingCentral doesn't take these posts seriously. In fact, it's a way their support reps shift the responsibility away from RingCentral. Every time I call and ask about a logical feature that is missing, the response is always "have you tried submitting it in our community?"

Of course I have. I've been submitting requests for over 3 years, along with countless other people wasting their days on this message board. Nothing is ever done about it. Not even security is taken seriously https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/polycom-vvx-410-password-resets-to-default-on-e...
0 Likes 0 ·
bjsvec avatar image bjsvec commented ·
If you are able and willing, you can do this on the phone itself.  I also wanted to turn this off so did my own research and figured out how to do it by exporting the config file, editing it and then importing it back to the phone.  The basic steps as I recall were just to log into the phone as admin (you may need to get admin password from RC support) export the config file and edit or add a line like this:

call.serverMissedCall.1.enabled="0"

Then import back to the phone. 

0 Likes 0 ·
george-mkrtchyan1948 avatar image george-mkrtchyan1948 commented ·
and what happens after the phone reboots and/or receives an auto-provision file from RC's servers?
0 Likes 0 ·
bjsvec avatar image bjsvec commented ·
For me it stays set through a reboot.  I am not sure about firmware update because it has been a long time sine RC updated the firmware for this phone.  If it does get reset after a firmware update I would expect that to only be approximately once per year though.
0 Likes 0 ·
chris-duquette4018 avatar image
chris-duquette4018 answered
I see your point, it is frustrating to call support then they ask me if i've suggested it on the board. The thing is if i'm calling support i have a problem now and i cant afford to "open a case" or "suggest it on the community board". On the other hand, RingCentral has addressed issues and gotten added or resolved or had a work around to help accommodate the issues people encounter. They've added features that have been requested by the board. I can speak from experience that after having an issue with glip, i was contacted and had my issue addressed and it was fixed in the next update of the app. So while every simple feature may not be on the platform the company does check this board and has dealt with issues that i've come across. 
1 |3000

mike avatar image
mike Deactivated answered
Are you referring to the red light? You want it off permanently?
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app