question

jason-hickey avatar image
jason-hickey asked mary-community-moderator edited

Looking for a truly portable wireless headset for RC for Mac and the Android app

Hello everyone,

We are new to RC and so far it seems to fit our needs well. We have three users - two are in the office most of the time and the third (myself) is out and about. The other two users have Polycom desk phones, I elected to stick with the softphone. I'm running RingCentral for Mac 
Release: 8.3.6.24042 on macOS Sierra. I also make frequent use of the RingCentral for Android app on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

For my needs, I would really like to find the perfect wireless headset. I have pretty severe ADHD and tend to move around a lot while I'm on phone calls (especially conference calls or online meetings.) I have a set of Jabra Rox wireless earbuds that don't seem to really work with RC. My in-depth research (seriously, I've spent DAYS looking at this stuff) shows me that Plantronics is the recommended headset manufacturer of choice - that's great, I love Plantronics headsets. I used a Savi W740 at my previous job and really loved it, but that's not a good solution since I'm not at my desk most of the time. I saw that the Voyager Legend UC was probably going to be my best bet, so I started shopping. When I did, I saw that the Legend UC is actually an older model and the replacement model is the Voyager 5200. Of course, if I'm buying a headset that's over $100, I'd like the newest model :) My question is this: does the Voyager 5200 have full integration with the RC desktop application like the Voyager Legend does? I can't seem to find that answer here on the forums and it's not on the "official" list provided by RC support. 

I'm really looking for a headset that goes with me anywhere - that I can throw in my backpack and use with RC on my MacBook. Any thoughts about this?
softphone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

nam-friddle4295 avatar image
nam-friddle4295 answered jason-hickey commented
Just installed a bunch of Plantronics Savi W720-Ms and the clients love them. Use it with your deskphone w/EHS, via Bluetooth or via USB Mac/PC connectivity. Most have actually pairing their computers and using the softphone. As you see, they cover your bases.
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jason-hickey avatar image jason-hickey commented ·
The Savi line misses one requirement - they're not exactly something you can throw in a backpack and pull out anywhere. If I didn't have the "truly portable" requirement I'd pick up another Savi W740 in a heartbeat.
0 Likes 0 ·
mike avatar image
mike Deactivated answered
Sorry the  Voyager 5200 is not a tested/supported model, but there's probably a good chance it will work. If anyone has tried it first hand please chime in and share your experience. 
1 |3000

Karen Krabbenhoft avatar image
Karen Krabbenhoft answered

Hi Mike,

I use Aftershockz I find them to work very well. I am still testing them but for now the only negative would be the inability to answer a call from my laptop app. I can answer a call from my phone by tapping the side of the headset .. It is bone conduction and costs 159.00. There is a model called opencomm by Aftershockz. but I am not keen on the boom mic sticking to my cheek. LOL

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app