question

phil-glantz6893 avatar image
phil-glantz6893 asked mary-community-moderator edited

block SMS from short code

It does not appear to be possible to block SPAM SMS messages sent from a short code (e.g. 78645).  The block icon does not appear when displaying the message in the windows application like it would for a text from a regular number and when you try to add the short code to the list of numbers in the settings window it does not accept the number and displays the message "Extension numbers cannot be blocked".  It doesn't work on the website either.  It adds a 1 to the short code (178645).
sms and text messaging
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno147 avatar image danno147 commented ·
Have you tried blocking from the RC4W APP?  Via call log.
0 Likes 0 ·
jeffrey hoover avatar image jeffrey hoover commented ·

I get daily NRC texts. Never signed up for them. There is a way of blocking them by sending a return text to the short code number. Ringcentral can't do that unless there is a phone number attached to the text. The NRC texts block the associated phone number & only show short code. I don't believe that Ringcentral has a solution.

This is driving me crazy. I get daily NRC texts. Never signed up for them. There is a way of blocking them by sending a return text to the short code number. Ringcentral can't do that unless there is a phone number attached to the text. The NRC texts block the associated phone number & only show short code.

0 Likes 0 ·
jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ jeffrey hoover commented ·

Hello @jeffrey hoover! This feature is not available yet. We want your vote HERE! Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app