question

pivetta-hoffman avatar image
pivetta-hoffman asked Anirban answered

Stop texts

My boss is wanting to know if there is a way to stop people from texting our Ring Central phone number? It's not that I can't receive the messages and forward them to her through email, she just doesn't want people sending text messages to the office number.

If there's not a way to stop people from texting, is there a way to send an auto-reply to texters saying "Message undeliverable" or something?

sms and text messaging
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Clive Thomas avatar image Clive Thomas commented ·

I need the same information. It's annoying to have to get spam txts on the ring central numbers that used to be landlines.

-1 Like -1 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image
Becky-Community_Manager answered

Hey, team! This might help! https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Can-I-disable-Business-SMS-MMS-feature.html

Basically, we recommend reaching out to Support directly to have them assist with disabling texts on RingCentral numbers.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

As per the below link:- "The option to block SMS or MMS ONLY is currently NOT available. To request for the option to block SMS or MMS only, you can submit a request for a new Idea or Feature via the RingCentral Community. If you want to disable the SMS or MMS feature on one or multiple RingCentral local numbers on your account, please contact RingCentral Customer Support by clicking on the links below. "

ref:- https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Block-Calls-and-Faxes-without-Caller-ID.html

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app