question

chris-verdin522 avatar image
chris-verdin522 asked mary-community-moderator edited

ringcentral meetings msi file

I need an msi version of the latest RingCentral Meetings software.  Version 5.1.44325.0822.  Not an EXE.  I need the msi please. 
meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

eldon-fields4727 avatar image
eldon-fields4727 answered
MSI or EXE?  The EXE can be found by following these instructions  https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/5827?language=en_US
Or go to this link  https://service.ringcentral.com/tools/meetingsManagement.html#/roomAppDownload
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

chris-verdin522 avatar image
chris-verdin522 answered
I have the exe.  I need the msi for silent deployment.  I ask for this after every update and normally and admin provides it for me.
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered saadetswift16514 commented
Hey Chris,

Email us at community.support@ringcentral.com and we can send that to you.
8 comments
1 |3000

chris-verdin522 avatar image chris-verdin522 commented ·
Got it at both this time.  Zip file worked.  Thank you.
1 Like 1 ·
Email sent. 
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Thanks, Chris.

I sent that on over to you. Might take some time since it is a large file.
0 Likes 0 ·
Ok. Nothing yet.  How large?  Maybe a link to download it from may work?
0 Likes 0 ·
Hmmm...weird! Let me try again. It's 16 MB and I don't have a link for it.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
eldon-fields4727 avatar image
eldon-fields4727 answered
Good to know Chris...I put the address away as I am sure you and I are not the only admins which would benefit from this.
1 |3000

john-morrow9123 avatar image
john-morrow9123 answered matt-smith8140 commented
Why can't these links just be provided to the public, that it would make it much easier. 
2 comments
1 |3000

mike avatar image mike commented ·
John,  When we have a new desktop app release, there are almost always back-end platform updates that go along with it.  It is never recommended to update the desktop app until the necessary platform updates have been pushed to your account.  We always do a controlled release where we push the update to a small number of accounts, then increase it to assure there are no major issues that were not discovered during the QA testing phase.  If a customer installs the MSI package and the necessary updates haven't been completed on the platform, then it causes issues which tie up our support agents.  So,  In almost all cases,  you should not update the MSI to a version that you have not been prompted to used, or unless advised to do so by a support agent. 

Mike 
1 Like 1 ·
matt-smith8140 avatar image matt-smith8140 commented ·
Mike, sorry pal but I don't buy this. Surely you see how inconvenient this is, especially for enterprise accounts. System admins need MSI files so we can build deployment packages. The way this is presently structured where we need to request an MSI for every update is frankly annoying and cumbersome. I hate to always refer back to Zoom every time I have an issue with RC Meetings, (becoming more and more frequent but I digress) but as someone who is in the process of migrating his org from Zoom to RC Meetings, I am becoming very frustrated at the functionality my users are losing. I understand you build off Zoom's tech and claim to be a release or two behind - but the lack of functionality I'm seeing suggests that you're 5 or 6 releases behind, definitely not one or two. Zoom makes their MSI packages readily available for download with every single release. Why can't you? 
1 Like 1 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey Everyone! I wanted to share with you a new link where you can download the MSI files for our programs. We hope this helps you :) 

I highly recommend bookmarking this for future use.

We also have a Glip room where many of our customers who deploy the MSI files are able to chat and ask questions. If you would like to be part of it, email us at community.support@ringcentral.com and we can add you!
1 |3000

rob8858 avatar image
rob8858 answered saadetswift16514 commented
Hi,
Can anyone provide a list of the non standard parameters available for the RingCentral Meetings .msi file.  In particular I'm trying to determine if the parameter to prevent auto-update is available (Zoom meetings on which I believe RC is based has zoomautoupdate).

1 comment
1 |3000

Hi Rob,

One thing I was told was that you could prevent auto updates from occurring on RC meetings by using:  MEETINGSAUTOUPDATE="false".
0 Likes 0 ·
brad-gibson11005 avatar image
brad-gibson11005 answered saadetswift16514 commented
The MSI files link above is no longer valid. I have emailed requesting a copy of the MSI be sent to me, but have to agree with Matt Smith that this is a very inconvenient method of providing this information. 
12 comments
1 |3000

Hey Brad, I can get to the link just fine. Could you provide more details about what you're experiencing? 
0 Likes 0 ·
brad-gibson11005 avatar image brad-gibson11005 commented ·

0 Likes 0 ·
I was emailed the following link:  https://support.ringcentral.com/s/download?language=en_US and that worked.
0 Likes 0 ·
Weird! And that's when you click on this link, correct?  https://support.ringcentral.com/s/download?language=en_US
0 Likes 0 ·
This one:

The one immediately above works.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
andrew-robinson10672 avatar image
andrew-robinson10672 answered saadetswift16514 commented
Are the MSI files updated at the same time as the EXE downloads?
3 comments
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Andrew, 

The MSI files and the EXE downloads are updated independently as updates become available. Sometimes this occurs at the same time, and sometimes it doesn't. 
0 Likes 0 ·
john-skadowski avatar image john-skadowski commented ·
Hi Jessica,

Is there a kb showing msi switch options for us admins?  That would be helpful and to allow us to make feature request for the msi as needed.

Thank you,
John
0 Likes 0 ·
Hey John, not at this time but it's something that I've brought up with our Product Team :) Hopefully they'll help our KB team create one
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app