Question

How can I assign an attendee as a 'Co Host" in a Meeting?

• 4 October 2017
  • 4 replies

I need someone beside the Host of a Meeting to be able to control the attendees mic and cameras and record. I know Zoom offers this as a feature, but it doesn't seem to be available in RingCentral Meetings. This is a critical feature for producing larger, professional meetings, and is sorely missed. Is there a way to add this feature individually or to the RC Meetings app on a whole?

4 replies

Hello Chazz,

When you have someone schedule a meeting on behalf of you they act as the host until you (the other host) decide to take over :) Hope that helps!
nope. thats not what i need. I need two people to share the Host privileges. So that the Host can schedule the meeting but then assign another attendee the Co Host ability so they can control the mics for all the other attendees. This frees the Host, who is focused on the presentation, from having to worry about muting and unmuting the rest of the attendees mics, and turning off their cameras if necessary. 

With only one host, that responsibility falls on the same person trying to concentrate on presenting the content of the meeting. This is already a feature Zoom offers. You just have to add it to your feature list. 

PLEASE PLEASE make this happen. 
Hey Chazz,

I understand what you would like, figured I'd offer up a work-around
can either the person who schedules the meeting or the person it is schedule for start the meeting?