News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
How can I assign an attendee as a 'Co Host" in a Meeting?
Tags: meetings
Oct 4, 2017 at 6:26am   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
chazz-bjanes

I need someone beside the Host of a Meeting to be able to control the attendees mic and cameras and record. I know Zoom offers this as a feature, but it doesn't seem to be available in RingCentral Meetings. This is a critical feature for producing larger, professional meetings, and is sorely missed. Is there a way to add this feature individually or to the RC Meetings app on a whole?

4 Answers
answered on Oct 22, 2019 at 7:00am  
can either the person who schedules the meeting or the person it is schedule for start the meeting?

answered on Oct 4, 2017 at 8:03am  
Hey Chazz,

I understand what you would like, figured I'd offer up a work-around

answered on Oct 4, 2017 at 7:48am  
nope. thats not what i need. I need two people to share the Host privileges. So that the Host can schedule the meeting but then assign another attendee the Co Host ability so they can control the mics for all the other attendees. This frees the Host, who is focused on the presentation, from having to worry about muting and unmuting the rest of the attendees mics, and turning off their cameras if necessary. 

With only one host, that responsibility falls on the same person trying to concentrate on presenting the content of the meeting. This is already a feature Zoom offers. You just have to add it to your feature list. 

PLEASE PLEASE make this happen. 

answered on Oct 4, 2017 at 6:29am  
Hello Chazz,

When you have someone schedule a meeting on behalf of you they act as the host until you (the other host) decide to take over :) Hope that helps!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us