question

jeremy7715 avatar image
jeremy7715 asked Cameron Porcaro edited

Presence on Yealink phones.

Does anyone have the settings needed to configure Call Presence/BLF on Yealink phones? I have T46S and T42S phones and they support SIP presence/BLF but RingCentral will not give me the settings to manually configure the feature. They will only enable it on their pre-provisioned phones. This is an important feature for us, and a standard SIP feature from my understanding, so I'd really like to get this solved.

presence
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered jeremy7715 commented
Have you tried entering via - Press Menu->Call Features->DSS Keys.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jeremy7715 avatar image jeremy7715 commented ·
The screenshot is of the config screen for my phones. I can get to the config screen no problem, it's the actual settings that I need.
0 Likes 0 ·
bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered Mark Polson commented
I would not have high hopes for this.  RC makes pretty clear they only support features beyond basic in and outbound calling on the Polycom and Cisco phones they support.  That said, I looked at my Polycom web GUI and the format for a BLF looks like:  blf5471572012@sip.ringcentral.com  I have no idea how that 10 digit number is derived or if it would work on a Yealink though.

3 comments
1 |3000

I'll give it a shot when I get to the office today and let you know. Thanks!
1 Like 1 ·
Mark Polson avatar image Mark Polson commented ·

Despite hours of research, two calls to RC support (no help), and the posted articles concerning issues with Presence and RC's so-called "workarounds" on Yealink T48s phones bjsvec has provided a workable solution. Thank you! I found that using his formula works! Use the string blfXXXXXXXX@sip.ringcentral.com works. The XXXXXXXX represents the number string you get when signing on through the admin portal, users, clicking each user names and cutting the unique number from your browser bar - such as https://service.ringcentral.com/application/users/users/default/XXXXXXXXXXX/settings/default - log in to each phone and for each user whose presence you wish to view use blfXXXXXXXXXXX(unique number)@sip.ringcentral.com. Hope this helps other Yealink owners.

1 Like 1 ·
It works! I'll update my original post with screenshots of my set up. Do you know if there is a way to pick up another phone that is ringing via BLF?
0 Likes 0 ·
justin-hanzlik7673 avatar image
justin-hanzlik7673 answered jeremy7715 commented
Did this work for you you?  I am having the same issue and haven't been able to get it working yet.
1 comment
1 |3000

Yes it did, I'm writing a reply to this thread with a screenshot of my settings. 
0 Likes 0 ·
jeremy7715 avatar image
jeremy7715 answered Mark Polson commented
SOLVED

As Brandon mentioned above, click on a user in the User list after logging into your RingCentral account. In the URL there will be a number after "users", that is the number for a BLF string formatted like so:

blf1538357020@sip.ringcentral.com

Then set up your keys in the phone like this:

1 comment
1 |3000

Mark Polson avatar image Mark Polson commented ·

This works.

0 Likes 0 ·
justin-hanzlik7673 avatar image
justin-hanzlik7673 answered
Did yours all start working immediately?  I tried the same thing on my phones last week when I found this thread and they seemed to get "stuck" at whatever status the BLF line was in when added.  After several power cycles, etc, they seem to be working fine on my phone but not accurately on another T48G we have that has an identical configuration (but another line).

Even Ring Central support couldn't provide a solution so I guess I should just be happy to have a partially working solution at this point.
1 |3000

jeremy7715 avatar image
jeremy7715 answered
Yeah they immediately started working. Is your config exactly the same as mine? I'm using two T46S phones. I'm also trying to figure out how to pick up another line that is ringing, if possible.
1 |3000

tamara-malisich avatar image
tamara-malisich answered tamara-malisich commented
I'm also trying to set this up. we are using the Yealink T48S, and T23G to test with, so far, it's just holding the solid light on the T23G, and the T48S doesn't show any type of difference...
3 comments
1 |3000

tamara-malisich avatar image tamara-malisich commented ·
During our testing, the T48S worked with the BLF settings posted here (using the initial firmware installed). during the process of getting all the phones online, it's been extremely inconsistent. One phone works, another doesn't, etc. etc.

I'm going to try to update all the phones to the newest firmware, and try again. it seems that the settings / presence, may take a while to propagate thru the system.

if there are any yealink / ringcentral experts out there, please let me know!
1 Like 1 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hello Tamara,

Here is a list of our fully supported phones. Unfortunately, at this time those Yealink devices are not fully supported. They can be provisioned with our system but only as a " 3rd party device" which means that it will not have certain features such as Presence.
0 Likes 0 ·
Can you post a screenshot of your settings? The settings I posted above work on our T42S and T46S phones.
0 Likes 0 ·
adrian-david avatar image
adrian-david answered

Hey Jeremy,

Did you ever find a way to make the lights work more reliably / pickup the calls remotely?

We currently have 8 x T42S and really need the feature to work.

1 |3000

jamie-cohen avatar image
jamie-cohen answered
I just want to say this is a godsend! Thank you so much to Brandon and Jeremy for their input. I just got two Obi1062 phones and entered the blf123456789 (my url only had 9 digits) as the value for the number section for the key.

Spent 4 hours on this. Thought I would have to give up. Thank you both again!
1 |3000

Ren Ulep avatar image
Ren Ulep answered
Hello, we tried setting this up on a Yealink T46S on a Firmware Version: 66.81.25.9. It did pop up with the Line keys for each extension but the LED won't change it's color when someone else is on a call. Do you think it would be something with the firmware version?
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app