question

michael-arndt1083 avatar image
michael-arndt1083 asked atari800xl11757 commented

Can I use my Twilio number with Ringcentral?

I have a Twilio number which I'd like to use with Ringcentral for inbound/outbound calls but I'd like the SMS messaging to be handled by a different service. Is this possible with Ringcentral?

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

luke2909 avatar image
luke2909 answered atari800xl11757 commented
It turns out this is not something we can do. In order to use your Twilio number with RingCentral you would need to port it out of Twilio to RingCentral. In general, and in large part due to technical/FCC requirements, you can only use one phone number with one service provider's features.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

josh14892 avatar image josh14892 commented ·
Luke, if we want to use ring central for voice but use something like twilio for sms, do you know if that works? I spoke with twilio and they said it works for some carriers but they were unsure of ring central.  We have several business numbers we want to text from and Ring Central doesn't have a clean way of managing multiple sms text numbers/messages.  If we used Twilio, we could integrate with our team inbox platform.
1 Like 1 ·
atari800xl11757 avatar image atari800xl11757 commented ·
I'm thinking of using Twilio as well because RingCentral makes automating MMS impossible without being a programmer. I just wanna send vcf's and images, but their integration with Zapier doesn't allow for MMS only SMS.
0 Likes 0 ·
Eric Jones avatar image
Eric Jones answered jessica-community-moderator commented
Found this answer in Google as we currently are looking for a VOIP solution but have a few Twilio numbers. I understand it can be ported over. Does RingCentral still allow the number to send and receive SMS?
3 comments
1 |3000

mike avatar image mike commented ·
Hi Eric,  yes, RingCentral supports both SMS and MMS.  

Mike 
0 Likes 0 ·
josh14892 avatar image josh14892 commented ·
Mike, if we want to use ring central for voice but use something like twilio for sms, do you know if that works? I spoke with twilio and they said it works for some carriers but they were unsure of ring central.  We have several business numbers we want to text from and Ring Central doesn't have a clean way of managing multiple sms text numbers/messages.  If we used Twilio, we could integrate with our team inbox platform. 
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Josh, 

There are a couple integrations available with Twilio. You can check them out here !
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app