Question

The caller can't hear me when using the RingCentral app on my iPhone 7+.

• 28 December 2017
  • 5 replies

I've deleted and reinstalled the app several times with no luck. My microphone works fine with any other app. It seems like the app is not asking for permission to use the microphone. Under Settings>Privacy>Microphone there are no apps listed requesting access to the microphone.

5 replies

Hey Jim,

Is this happening on the RingCentral Mobile App (similar to the softphone) or the RingCentral Meetings App (the mobile version)?

Could you share a screen shot of the Settings section where the microphone should be?
Ding! Ding! Ding!  - That's it - problem solved!  I switched the slider from "Don't Allow Changes" to "Allow Changes" and now I can hear the callers.  

Thank you so much,
Jim
Hello,
I'm having the same problem as above:
Under Settings>Privacy>Microphone there are no apps listed requesting access to the microphone. 

I tried your fix however under "Settings-General", I do not have the option "Restrictions Microphone Allow Changes". 

As I know this thread is outdated can you provide an update? I'm also on an iphone 7
Figured it out!
"settings - screen time - content and privacy restrictions " 
Using iPhone 11 (SX max) with latest iOS. When I answer a call in the Ring Cental App I can hear the caller but they can't hear me. If they call my cell directly there is no problem. Microphone is enabled for Ring Central in the Privacy > Microphone settings. Microphone doesn't work on video call either. Check Screen time preference and all is fine there. Any ideas?