News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Presence feature. Need the ability to answer a call after it was forwarded to another extension.
Tags: presence
Jan 9, 2018 at 12:26pm   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
waggoner

We have a call tree setup so if our main receptionist is not at her desk it will then ring the 2nd receptionist. I have enabled presence and set the permissions appropriately so they can answer for each other when needed.

The issue we have is if recept 1 just misses the call and it goes to recept 2, receptionist 1 cant answer the call. Recept 2 shows up on her display but the extension will not light up giving her the ability to answer that call.

Presence works properly on recept 2 where she can see the original call come in to recept 1 and can answer before it transfers to her extension.

I'm sure there is an easy fix or explanation for this but I've been unable to figure this out. Any suggestions or help that could be given is much appreciated.

4 Answers
answered on Dec 10, 2019 at 7:40am  
Did anyone find a solution to this? Having the same issue with PA's in our company

answered on Jan 10, 2018 at 8:17am  
Thank you, recept 1 is 102, recept 2 is 105.

answered on Jan 10, 2018 at 7:25am  
Hello WAGGONER,

If you share with me the extension numbers of the receptionists, I can look at their settings and make sure they're set up properly :)

answered on Jan 9, 2018 at 1:24pm  
as long as each have the permissions set to be able to pickup each others calls it should work. 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us