Question

SMS Drop Down Menu

• 18 January 2018
  • 8 replies

The App interface appears to have changed, as I no longer see an option to select a "from" number -- in act, the entire "from" data field appears to be missing. Can someone please confirm that this is correct? Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: SMS: Texting to and from the Main Number.

8 replies

Are you texting from the Super Admin extension or your personal extension?
I am texting from my personal extension, but I have Super Admin privileges.
Ok, and are you using the Mobile app or the Desktop app? What version are you on? I want to see if I can replicate this with my test account :)
thanks!  I am using the iPhone (iOS) app, iPhone 6s plus, version 9.4.2
So, I'm trying to get more information on this but here are my findings thus far:

For some reason the drop down menu is not available if you are signed into the System Mailbox extension (usually 101 unless it was changed)- this is the original extension (Super Admin) for the account. However, all other Super Admin extension get the drop down menu.

I'm still waiting for our Product Team to get back to me regarding if this is working as designed or if there is a bug in the system.
Thanks
I think porting just takes a few days for SMS to work because it now lets me select.  :)  
Let me know if you still need help, HALES :)