question

stuart-baker8595 avatar image
stuart-baker8595 asked Anirban answered

Send email to ringcentral number and get as text

I want to be able to send a text to my ringcentral account by sending an email to my phone number.

I can do this to my Verizon phone. I can send an email to mynumber@vtext.com

Can I do this with my RingCentral number?

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered stuart-baker8595 commented
Disregard my response if it came through. I misread iyour request as fax, not text.
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

stuart-baker8595 avatar image stuart-baker8595 commented ·
Darn.
0 Likes 0 ·
danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered
Negative - still
1 |3000

J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered
It has been brought up here in the forums before, as far as I know, that cannit be done at this time.
1 |3000

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
I think there may be an open feature request for this.  Can a RC moderator check and merge this or turn it into a new one?  It has been asked several times and I think has several good use cases.

1 |3000

Erik Jacobsen avatar image
Erik Jacobsen answered

+1 on this. All mobile carriers I've worked with allow this, would be a nice feature.

1 |3000

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

@Erik Jacobsen For a new feature request please put your idea here: https://ideas.ringcentral.com/

If the idea already exist you can vote that idea there. That will help to make it implemented in future

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app