question

scott-strachan avatar image
scott-strachan asked Yitzchok Knopfler commented

Is there a way to have incoming text messages delivered to multiple ring central users? (US)

I have a small office of 4-5 Ring central users. We have our main business main number display on all outgoing calls. The issue I have is that at present all incoming text messages to that main number are only delieverd to one users account.

This is a problem for us because different users are on call at different times and incoming text messages are going unaddressed.

Is there a way to have incoming text messages delivered to multiple ring central users?

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tyler-d3781 avatar image
tyler-d3781 answered
Hi Scott, 

Currently you can only designate a single message recipient for inbound text messages (SMS, MMS). It is possible however, to add multiple email addresses to the receive the email notification by separating each using a semicolon ex: example1@example.com; example2@example.com  

This would be an excellent idea for a feature request 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

scott-strachan avatar image
scott-strachan answered Yitzchok Knopfler commented
Thanks, not sure how to submit a feature request. Where do I find info on how to select SMS recipients? I cant find info or where it is designated.
2 comments
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Scott,

Tyler linked you to the instructions on posting a feature request :)

Regarding the email address section it is under: Users -> User's Extension -> Messages & Notifications -> Settings -> Edit

0 Likes 0 ·
Yitzchok Knopfler avatar image Yitzchok Knopfler commented ·
I think that this feature is critical to have, we would use it for a call queue members they should all receive the messages sent to the call queue number.
is there any feature request for this? I want to vote on it (as if it will make any difference here at RC...)
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app