Question

Orbi Pro QOS

• 21 April 2018
  • 6 replies

Does anyone have recommended settings for Orbi Pro wireless router setup as it relates to QOS? We are experiencing high jitter and broken conversations from our soft phone app. UK account, 10 users, 1 Gbps up/down fibre Internet connection, iMac RC soft phones, Orbi Pro wireless setup (router and satellite). We have tried numerous configurations based on RC help articles and Netgear community topics, but jitter / dropping a few seconds of conversation is still too high. Any help or advice from other SMEs using Orbi and RingCentral would be appreciated.

6 replies

Hi Kris,

I don't have experience with this router so I'm going to check with my colleagues if they do! I wanted to verify, have you checked out this Network article?
Yes -have read it and (I think) implemented the suggestions correctly. Any help from your colleagues would be appreciated.
Hey Kris,

Unfortunately, my colleagues are not familiar with this router :( Have you contacted Orbi Support to see if they have any suggestions?
Same issue here. Same 1gbps speed, orbi - RC is unuseable and cuts out or pumps.
No response?
Reviving this post since there's been no traction.

I have the Orbi system.  It is a mesh system.

When in one satellite or the base, the calls seem to be perfectly fine, but RingCentral has major issues switching satellites.  On one occasion, I was able to hear people talking but they couldn't hear me.  I had to park and pick up the call on the computer to get it to re-establish.

So it seems RingCentral is dependent on something that is lost when switching satellites and isn't tolerant to any sort of disruption, however brief, that something experiences.