question

captain-murphy avatar image
captain-murphy asked Claus Conrad commented

Android for Work Profile - Softphone Bluetooth

Bluetooth does not work under Android for Work Profiles with the softphone on Android. It works fine under Android, but not under a work profile. Is this a known issue? I need this to work as we are starting to implement Mobile Device Management and I have finally started getting people to use the softphone on their cell phones.

I have only been able to test under Android 8.

softphone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

cglassy3135 avatar image
cglassy3135 answered
USA-based acct | 2287 Users | 3800 DID lines | 28 sites | all Polycom VVX500 phone handsets 

2018-04-24   We have an ongoing case concerning use of Bluetooth headsets with the Softphone functionality. I will be interested to see what gets detailed here.

We have Samsung Android phones (Galaxy S 7 and 8's)   in use with the RingCentral Mobile App (recently renamed RingCentral Phone)  --- It used to work fine before about 2 ringCentral product revs ago and now only partially works with cell phones, and even worse with the Desktop Softphone.  

You are welcome to join our unofficial  RingCentral Admin Users group as well   http://ringcentraladminusersgroup.org/index.html
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey Captain Murphy,

Please open a case so we can troubleshoot with you!

1 |3000

captain-murphy avatar image
captain-murphy answered Claus Conrad commented
Saadet, I went ahead and opened a ticket.
1 comment
1 |3000

Claus Conrad avatar image Claus Conrad commented ·
We are having the same issue, although with a different app, did you ever find a solution for this?
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app