question

lynn-becker1423 avatar image
lynn-becker1423 asked benjamin-dean answered

presence*Why was presence drop-down menu cut from Softphone version .8.04....

Our users have begun download the 8.04.20112 upgrade and noticing the Presence dropdown menu in the upper left of the app screen has disappeared. They are not happy. Now to change your presence, instead of just being able to do it on the drop-down, you have to click on your presence status, and it opens the menu in the active window below. I'm having trouble imaging what reasons anyone could have to justify asking to remove the drop-down menu, which was much less intrusive.

softphone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
I would suggest submitting this comment through the desktop app feedback mechanism.  This forum is for developers creating their own apps to integrate with RingCentral, not the actual developers of the RingCentral system or apps.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
The RingCentral desktop application provides the ability to submit feedback, and for important feedback of this type I would recommend you use that feature since the message goes directly to the queue of the engineering team for that particular product.
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys