question

ndaizeye-espoir10666 avatar image
ndaizeye-espoir10666 asked jenn-community-moderator commented

Simultaneous ring for mobile application, desktop application, and forwarding number

Hi,

I would like to have the mobile application and the desktop application to ring simultaneously with my forwarding number, once they called my main line. Is this feature possible?

Thank you.

NDAIZEYE

call forwarding
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ericnixmd10364 avatar image
ericnixmd10364 answered chris-wiener commented
Yes, go to users, then the user from the user list that you want this to apply to.  Click call handling and forwarding.

Activate the ways you want to receive calls.  Example:  Desktop and Mobile App, Desktop Phone, etc.  Place the desktop handset last.  Set the ones you want to ring above the desktop handset and select the "ring for" to 0 seconds.  It seems counterintuitive, but this is how I got it to ring everything simultaneously.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

chris-wiener avatar image chris-wiener commented ·
This should be a knowledge base article because it is so counter-intuitive....  
0 Likes 0 ·
iamstrong avatar image
iamstrong answered jenn-community-moderator commented
Can we add option to set Ring Group for Desktop/mobile app and desk phone (ring simultaneously) then forward the call to a backup number after certain number of rings then forward to Voicemail if not answered. I know ring group and simultaneous ringing are available however I'm looking forward to exclude a number to ring at a later time.
1 comment
1 |3000

jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·

Hello!

Yes we can add an option to Ring Group for Desktop/Mobile app and desk phone, you have to make sure that the app should be in 0 rings and 4 rings to the deskphone. The Incoming Calls Forward in this Order should be in Sequential instead of Simultaneous. There will be a tick box that will show up on the left side of the number. 

You need to check the box for App and Deskphone, then click the Create RingGroup that is below Sequentially then add the external number or the call forward to another extension.

Please let me know if you have further questions!

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app