question

ben11582 avatar image
ben11582 asked bob-robinson3288 commented

Message from RIngCentral phone app to RingCentral app (Glip)

As an Administrator, I have enabled Phone in the RingCentral app for testing on my machine.

I am able to make outbound calls and receive calls as expected.

As a 'user' of the RingCentral App (Glip), if someone sends me a message from the 'phone' app - this does not show in (Glip).

When will this function be enabled as we use it a LOT over all of our customers in place of other messaging apps

ringcentral appmessage
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

ted-jaffe192 avatar image
ted-jaffe192 answered bob-robinson3288 commented
Hi Ben, SMS/MMS should be integrated with the RingCentral Glip app for you if the phone is enabled.  Can you try texting your own RingCentral phone number and see if it shows up? If not please open a support ticket.

Please note by design we did not integrate RC Phone extension messaging since it overlaps with Glip.  SMS messaging (text another phone number) however is integrated per the above.

DM me for me information - ted.jaffe@ringcentral.com
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hey Bob, 

Yes it will. With composability enabled, SMS/MMS will still work in the Phone tab. 
1 Like 1 ·
bob-robinson3288 avatar image bob-robinson3288 commented ·
Thanks Jessica!
1 Like 1 ·
bob-robinson3288 avatar image bob-robinson3288 commented ·
I think there will be companies that disable the Glip teams messaging because of adoption of Microsoft Teams, Slack, or another program (as we have been told will be possible), but that will still want to use SMS/MMS messaging like was done in RC Phone.  Will SMS/MMS messaging still be allowed for accounts that disable Glip teams functionality?
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app