question

ian1468 avatar image
ian1468 asked benjamin-dean answered

A question in regards to API/Custom Development for specific fax requirements

We are looking for an online fax service to replace a Faxback server as a long term solution, for one of our clients. After talking with a sales rep, Ring Central seems to have the kind of additional development/API solutions that might help us find the specific functionality we are looking for.

One of the requirements which has been harder for us to find with online services, is a

unique identifier in the fax filename. This filename would include a unique counter # (001, 002, etc) + date, sender, and # of pages. They need this information because they often go back to archived faxes to find specific documents. Is there a way to have some type of development that would meet this criteria? If so what cost would be incurred for this type of work if possible?

They also currently have the faxes stored on a shared folder within a server. Would there be

any way to accommodate this feature as well? It is not required, but I wanted to see

if it would be a possibility in any case.

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
The filename is referenced in your payload to the RC Fax API resource, but I don't know if you can use that as a trace property value to conduct lookups. As a developer, I would want this to be a metadata property, but we do not support metadata on our Fax API resource at this time.

I tried a few things with our API, and I read through the documentation. It would appear you could modify the filename property for the actual document, but I don't believe that is the use-case you're trying to achieve. I've asked our Product Manager to take a look at this and provide some insight.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys