Question

Setting up new IVR

• 7 September 2018
  • 2 replies

US - I'm a new user on Ring Central. Trying to setup a simple single level IVR. All I want it to do is prompt people to press 1-4 and send to an extension. I've set up the IVR with the prompt, but now I can't switch from company hours and after hours greetings to IVR. When I select bypass greeting or setup custom rule they only allow me to select an extension instead of the IVR extension. Any suggestions?

2 replies

The numbers 1-4 will associate with an extension. Then you will tell your callers, in your Company Greeting, what to press, i.e., Press 1 for Sales, Press 2 for Support, Press 3 for Office Hours, etc.
Thanks Jan.  I think I have that set up correctly.  Each of the key presses is already associated with the correct extension.  I'm just trying to turn the IVR on.  I don't know how to get the IVR to start working as the greeting.  The system is still greeting callers with the Company Hours Greeting.  Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?  Everything I can find online says to switch to multi-level IVR, but I don't believe I need multi-level for this simple setup.