question

toys-dg avatar image
toys-dg asked sean-mitchell answered

Not connecting when using Ringout to call another Ring Central user

This is for US account. I'm using the desktop app.

I'm trying to use Ringout to call another user - I used his direct line. I got the call, pressed 1, then the call drops. Then from my desktop app, it says:

Call status error.

Generic error.

Am I doing something wrong here? I tried disabling the "press 1" option, but it didn't work either.

Thanks!

ringcentral appphone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hi Toys DG, are you still having issues? Could you walk me through the steps you took? This would help with troubleshooting :)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

toys-dg avatar image
toys-dg answered
Hi Saadet!

Thanks for the response.  Yes I'm still having issues.  Please see steps below:

1)  From the desktop app, went to SETTINGS.
2)  Went to CALLS, and set CALLING MODE to "RingOut."
3)  I went to the desktop app dialer, then clicked the "RingOut" icon.
4)  In the "TO" field, I selected another RingCentral user from my department.
5)  There was a prompt asking me to select which of his numbers I want to use .
6)  I selected his Direct Line (softphone number).
7)  I pressed the green "Call" icon.
8)  There was a prompt to select my "Location" or the number I'm using for the Ringout.
9)  I selected my Direct Line (softphone number).
10)  The app tried to initiate the ringout, then stopped and showed the error message.
1 |3000

Hmmm....you probably should contact our Support Team so we can do a screen share and see exactly what's going on and grab logs if necessary :)

1 |3000

alan-haire avatar image
alan-haire answered
I keep seeing this issue, and am currently experiencing it, but RingCentral has not provided any solutions... just the same old "open case" or "contact Support Team" but no follow through. What gives?
1 |3000

Hey Alan, I don't see any open cases on your account about this. What steps are you taking? When you're using RingOut, did you type in your cell phone number? 
1 |3000

sean-mitchell avatar image
sean-mitchell answered
Not sure if this is the same with anyone else, but prior to getting the "Callee Status: Generic Error", I got this:

Limit Reached

You have reached the limit of maximum allowed Softphone installations.  As a result, outbound calling is not available.  Enable it by deauthorizing one of your computers:

1. Log into your online account
2. Go to "Settings">>"Phones & Numbers"
3. Click on Phones tab
4. Select "Softphone"
5. Click on "Deauthorize this Computer"

Following those instructions worked for me. 

I hope this helps.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app