question

diane-nelligan12679 avatar image
diane-nelligan12679 asked mary-community-moderator commented

Newby Question: Can I add an attachment in the text function?

Question: US user! I am a newby here at Ring Central and am teting the text functionality on the desktop app. There is a paper clip to the left of the text box; does this mean I can add an attachment? What is the purpose of the paper clip? I can't seem to get it to open.

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered mary-community-moderator commented
Hi Diane, 

The paper clip is for adding attachments to your messages! You should be able to click on the icon and a separate window pop up where you can choose what file to attach. Are you still experiencing this issue? 
8 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

diane-nelligan12679 avatar image diane-nelligan12679 commented ·
Yes, it is shaded like it's not active.  Do some accounts not have this feature?  
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Can you send me a screenshot please? 
0 Likes 0 ·
diane-nelligan12679 avatar image diane-nelligan12679 commented ·
Trying but the only way I can do it is to save it to a word doc and don't know how to get that to you.  
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
To up load a picture in Community, you can select the ... icon in the lower right, and then select the camera icon. 

If you're unable to load the picture, you can email us at community.support@ringcentral.com
0 Likes 0 ·
deanna-beesley13460 avatar image deanna-beesley13460 commented ·
Hi there, I am having this issue suddenly where ring central does not let me attach a file to a sms message or in intercom chat through front. Any advice? I used to be able to do both. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app