question

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 asked nila16329 answered

Call Log Feedback

Hey Everyone,

We understand that you all have some feedback to share about the new Call Log functionality and design. In order to consolidate and help our Product Team go through your thoughts more easily, I've created this thread.

call logs
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

carpet-cleaning-service avatar image
carpet-cleaning-service answered
how to keep the old call log skin?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Sara avatar image
Sara answered
Looks like all of the other users have explained the many reasons why the new call log is no good.  I just want to put my name out there as another person who would really like for you to change it back to the old format.  It's disrupting the way we operate and it's taking us twice as long to look up call times in order to charge customers.  Honestly, I don't want this new one improved. I just want it to go back to the old format, which was not broken in the first place.  Please, I'm begging you.  It's only made things harder for us.
1 |3000

bob-robinson3288 avatar image
bob-robinson3288 answered
I guess I'm at a loss as to what cannot be achieved in the new call log.  I can go into Detailed view, export all the content to a spreadsheet and slice it any way possible.  I'm actually looking at the Analytics Reports now as another means for looking at the data and saving particular searches.  The only thing it appears to be missing is fax detail and the ability to filter by department or billing code.  Maybe I'm not a power user of call log, but it seems to offer all the toggles that the old one did and gives the ability to hide and reorder columns.
1 |3000

david-sim855 avatar image
david-sim855 answered vacuum-store3356 commented
When the call log format was changed, I took it in stride, just like all the other surprise changes made to components in the portal. But this is ridiculous. When I went to view our call log this morning, I can't see the "From" number at all in the simple view. I tried dropping fields, shrinking my browser view. Nothing works. Please fix this soon and quit playing with tools people use on a regular basis.
(I blurred the names in this graphic)

5 comments
1 |3000

jay3627 avatar image jay3627 commented ·
Yeah, even if it's the only field it still doesn't show. How lame is that? Doesn't anybody test these things? lol

1 Like 1 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Chem Dry, Jay, & David!

I spoke with our Product Team and they are aware of this current behavior and are working towards fixing it. When I learn more about a specific date, I'll be sure to share!
1 Like 1 ·
Hi Saadet,

This is literally like a 2 minute fix in the code but it's been months now. Is this EVER going to get fixed?

Jay
1 Like 1 ·
Change "width:100%" to "width:inherit" in your styling and it works fine. It's been several months now.

0 Likes 0 ·
vacuum-store3356 avatar image vacuum-store3356 commented ·
Here's the email I get from Customer service: "I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.I understand that you are having issues with Call Logs Setting our Engineers are still Working on the issue." For nearly 2 months now.
0 Likes 0 ·
chem-dry avatar image
chem-dry answered
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Firefox Browser Doesn't Show Full Phone Numbers Unless You Press 'Detailed'. I prefer the older version of ring central. I don't really like the update on the home page. I really like using firefox and on it you can't see the full phone numbers in the recent calls section unless you press 'detailed.' Can this please be fixed in Firefox browser?!?
1 |3000

danny-m12778 avatar image
danny-m12778 answered
Woke up this morning to check on client's calls and the Call Log is messed up MORE now, as if that can be possible.  Now the extension is gone and cannot see it anymore.

Also you cannot listen to the convo recording UNLESS you're on the same screen!

What kind of "experts" do you have working there??? I get charged $1k a month for this service and I'm about to change companies and import all my calls.  I'm tired of looking like a fool to my clients!
1 |3000

ralph-milone2043 avatar image
ralph-milone2043 answered
OK... so it goes from bad to worse. New this morning, now I just see an extension number of where the call got transferred. All extension names are not displayed which forces me to go back to the main console and search the extension number. Guys old interface in November wasnt broken. There was no need to try fixing something that wasnt broken. You're killing me!
1 |3000

danny-m12778 avatar image
danny-m12778 answered
Weve been saying that NOTHING was broken. There was 0 need to upgrade anything. But some guy in IT wanted to keep his job so he created problems where there wasnt any. Worse part is that they arent fixing it!
1 |3000

jay3627 avatar image
jay3627 answered
Maybe it's the same group that does the website design. I can't reach this forum without ringcentral.com opening four separate tabs in my browser. User interface design must mean something different in the Philippines, or wherever the heck the developers are based out of.
1 |3000

tree-factory14410 avatar image
tree-factory14410 answered ralph-milone2043 commented
I'm also going to complain about the new call log. When trying to add a contact, it should be updated in real time after saving. The rep on the phone told me it's saved but that the contact information won't come up until that person calls again. This is not very helpful. The contact information should be saved and able to view immediately not updated once they call in again. Please look into this matter and fix. Thank you
1 comment
1 |3000

ralph-milone2043 avatar image ralph-milone2043 commented ·
Run the last 4 digits, this will yield a return.  Its what we've been doing.  4 digit search will yield some results just look at the complete number as some partials will come up as well.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app