question

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 asked nila16329 answered

Call Log Feedback

Hey Everyone,

We understand that you all have some feedback to share about the new Call Log functionality and design. In order to consolidate and help our Product Team go through your thoughts more easily, I've created this thread.

call logs
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

david-sim855 avatar image
david-sim855 answered george-gary10193 commented
Things are getting more screwed up as time goes. I just tried searching a phone number to see how often they've called. It's all hosed up now. You have to delete all hyphens and parenthesis, omit the country code, then the search works. Way to keep messing things up. What's the reason for all these changes? It just doesn't make sense. 
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

george-gary10193 avatar image george-gary10193 commented ·
Hi David,

A fix for the search issue is being rolled out now.  All Customers should receive the fix on or before March 26.
1 Like 1 ·
danny-m12778 avatar image
danny-m12778 answered
Everyone is complaining... This is the first time someone from RC said that a "new" rollout will happen on the 26th.  Let's pray that it won't be messed up...

::Bows Head::

"Dear God, who art in Heaven.... Please give the Ring Central employees basic common sense to take care of things and bring it back to the way it was, without any errors, without any fluff... Amen!"
1 |3000

ralph-milone2043 avatar image
ralph-milone2043 answered lisa11221 commented
Just a heads up on continuing feedback... We are now able to resize fields on the call log allowing us to adjust to see full names on extensions.  We are also able to copy incoming phone numbers.  However... There seems to be a slight lag on incoming calls where phone rings before call data is registered.  This can vary from just 5 seconds to as much as 30 seconds before catching up.  Also, when listening to a call record, you cannot leave the browser.  If you leave the browser recording stops playing and you have to start it over again.  Also, when you do a number search you cannot copy the whole number and paste it for records.  You can only do a partial right now to get search results.  I think you are aware of this one.

Not to sound like a broken record but all you guys really needed to do was roll back the old version.  It seems as though you keep trying to correct something that wasnt broken. I appreciate the attempts to correct and as a customer Im not going anywhere else... Yet.  The system is functional and suits our needs but its just frustrating as something was fixed that really wasnt broken.   Sometimes it makes sense to scrap a project that isnt working and go back to a working model than to keep dumping money into something that isnt right.   "OBAMACARE WEBSITE" comes to mind as an example however they wasted tax payer dollars.  You guys are a private company.  Dont know the thought process behind all this but I cant imagine who made the pitch on making changes.  Does that person even have a job anylonger?? LOL.  Just trying to make light of the situation.

Again, just giving an update to what Im experiencing now. 
3 comments
1 |3000

george-gary10193 avatar image george-gary10193 commented ·
Hi Ralph, Shawn,

Thanks for your continued feedback and support.   We are restoring the ability to listen to recordings while doing other things in the upcoming release.   

The behavior was originally changed to better support Customers using accessibility features, but we understand the difficulties this changed caused and are restoring the original experience in the upcoming release.
1 Like 1 ·
shawn-salamipour14146 avatar image shawn-salamipour14146 commented ·
I'd like to second that regarding listening to a recorded call. If you click away it stops the recording. This new way prevents multitasking unless you want to download a recording. The call search pains me the most. When I called customer service because I couldnt look up a call that clearly took place, even the rep was shocked that you had to remove any special characters to look up a number.

Every phone number you receive (from your CRM, missed call emails from ringcentral, etc.) use special characters like parenthesis or dashes, so it doesnt make sense why the search function no longer works if you copy and paste a number that has these special characters.  Good to hear that this may be fixed as well.
0 Likes 0 ·
lisa11221 avatar image lisa11221 commented ·
Thank you, George! 
0 Likes 0 ·
peter-kaufman6411 avatar image
peter-kaufman6411 answered
I agree with the above.  I see that you can create a custom range now -- many thanks.  But I had to figure it out by trial and error.  Are there any plans to bring back the custom range button?

Many thanks
1 |3000

nila16329 avatar image
nila16329 answered
I never worked with the old call log, but I need some improvements in the current logs for sure.
1. I need to be able to sort on international calls only
2. I need to see which calling region each call is made to
3. I need to be able to track where I am at with my purchased monthly minutes because I keep getting billed even if I have not reached the maximum number of minutes. I added this over in billing as an idea, because I need all this to validate billing each month. Billing is incorrect each month!

1 |3000

bob-robinson3288 avatar image
bob-robinson3288 answered
Also will add that the date range option needs some help.  You cannot type in a date range, and it's not obvious that to do a custom date range you need to click on the starting date and then shift-click on the ending date.
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we hear you and our Product Team is aware of the pain points that you have mentioned on this thread. They are working very hard towards making the Call Logs better in many ways. When I learn more about updates coming along I will post on this thread! :)
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app