question

chaz1 avatar image
chaz1 asked saadetswift16514 commented

Users having Troubles Receiving Faxes

A few of my users are having some troubles receiving faxes from certain parties.

Some users can not receive a Fax from a party, but will have that Party send a Fax to another user and it will come through.I have tested this users account using all different types of Fax Protocols, and they all seem to work, but for some reason, this user can not receive faxes from these certain Parties.

Does anyone have any insight as to why this is happening? I can not seem to figure this issue out.

fax
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

michel5476 avatar image
michel5476 answered
You have confirmed that your user's phone numbers are set to "Voice and Fax"?  

What "result" is showing in your call logs?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jay-nichols5644 avatar image
jay-nichols5644 answered
Have had the same problem, I was told by RC support to tell all my vendors that use my fax number to set their analog faxes to a lower setting.  Well, that's ridiculous.  We have one lab that has to send faxes 4 times before they go through.  You would think they would have perfected 1950's technology by now.
1 |3000

lee2 avatar image
lee2 answered
We have the same issue. When dealing with faxes from the IRS, hospitals or medical offices it is impossible to get them to change the settings on thier fax. I hear complaints all the time. 
1 |3000

robert-czymoch avatar image
robert-czymoch answered
We are having this issue and RingCentral support told me that numbers that are enabled for both Voice and Fax can have this problem. The only sure fire to make sure your faxes get through is to create a new number and have it set as fax only. We are going to try this experiment. Of course there is additional cost for that number.
1 |3000

francesca7555 avatar image
francesca7555 answered saadetswift16514 commented
My number is enabled for FAX ONLY - I just verified with RC. I continue to have issues with pharmacies not receiving my faxes despite a successful sent. They are the same pharmacies. I am able to receive faxes from them but they cannot receive mine. This has been going on for two years now. Ring Central has a responsibility to make its system compatible with all faxes. Some faxes (especially toll-free numbers) may have restrictions with receiving a fax only from certain area codes which makes me wonder whether my faxes are not being rerouted through a different area code. I know for a fact that at least once, the recipient stated that my fax came form a different area code. WHAT IS GOING ON?
1 comment
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Francesca, I responded to the other thread you created.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app