Question

HELP I AM GOING DIZZY WITH THIS VIRTUAL BACKGROUND OPTION

• 6 December 2018
  • 14 replies

Does ring central have a virtual background setting like zoom does or not

14 replies

Hi Justin, 

RingCentral Meetings does have virtual backgrounds. Check out this KB article here for more information! 
Hi Jessica, I came to ask almost the same thing - Zoom have recently added a plugin that makes the Virtual Background work even without a greenscreen (or reasonable substitute) - do you know if and when this capability will make its way to RCM?  Thanks.

Are there plans on giving RC customers this capability? With everyone working remotely at this time, many users are requesting virtual backgrounds. I agree, if RC is powered by zoom, why do we not yet have this capability?
Is everyone else experience choppy virtual background that does not work even with solid colors?
On RC it only works well when you use a high quality green screen as the backdrop.  With the lower quality green screens you get the head "shimmer". On other colored solid backgrounds its choppy.  On Zoom it seems to work fine regardless of what kind of background you are using.
It works for me on Zoom when I un-check "I have a green screen". This option is not available on RingCentral.
I have opened a case with RingCentral to see. Zoom as everyone says works perfectly when unchecking I have a green screen. Since RingCentral Meetings is powered by Zoom, I don't see why they can't make this available. We really need this option, otherwise, we will have to switch.
Hi everyone, 
This option is there on the RingCentral unified apps > Meetings Settings. (The screens are a little different, but you should be able to login to the unified apps with your existing IDs). Those settings will then work for that client. 
The standalone RingCentral Meetings will be getting this in the next upgrade (tentatively May'20)
Hope that helps! 
Thank you! Where is unified apps located, website or application? 
Everyone - it works through the unified RingCentral App - just go to RingCentral Meetings through there! 
Ah! If you go to "Video" on the bottom right, then sync outlook meetings through the app it works that way! Thanks!
One problem you need to have a quad core and min i7 processor.
I have an I7 processor as well as Win10 and 64-bit OS as RC says is required. It still does not work even with the unified RC App despite the fact that it works on the Zoom app. Does anyone else meet the RC specs and still have the problem?
This has been an ongoing problem.  Skype, Teams, Zoom all do blur and backgrounds without issue.  All options from RC are unusable in comparison.  I did a support ticket and went back and forth several times and was told that it was a known bug that would eventually get fixed.