News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
HELP I AM GOING DIZZY WITH THIS VIRTUAL BACKGROUND OPTION
Tags: meetings
Dec 5, 2018 at 3:35pm   •   14 replies  •  0 likes
justin-diablo

Does ring central have a virtual background setting like zoom does or not

14 Answers
answered on Jun 11, 2020 at 6:03am  
This has been an ongoing problem.  Skype, Teams, Zoom all do blur and backgrounds without issue.  All options from RC are unusable in comparison.  I did a support ticket and went back and forth several times and was told that it was a known bug that would eventually get fixed.

answered on Apr 10, 2020 at 3:31pm  
I have an I7 processor as well as Win10 and 64-bit OS as RC says is required. It still does not work even with the unified RC App despite the fact that it works on the Zoom app. Does anyone else meet the RC specs and still have the problem?

answered on Apr 2, 2020 at 11:24am  
One problem you need to have a quad core and min i7 processor.

answered on Apr 2, 2020 at 10:04am  
Ah! If you go to "Video" on the bottom right, then sync outlook meetings through the app it works that way! Thanks!

answered on Apr 2, 2020 at 9:57am  
Everyone - it works through the unified RingCentral App - just go to RingCentral Meetings through there! 

answered on Apr 1, 2020 at 7:29pm  
Thank you! Where is unified apps located, website or application? 

answered on Apr 1, 2020 at 5:35pm  
Hi everyone, 
This option is there on the RingCentral unified apps > Meetings Settings. (The screens are a little different, but you should be able to login to the unified apps with your existing IDs). Those settings will then work for that client. 
The standalone RingCentral Meetings will be getting this in the next upgrade (tentatively May'20)
Hope that helps! 

answered on Apr 1, 2020 at 3:47pm  
I have opened a case with RingCentral to see. Zoom as everyone says works perfectly when unchecking I have a green screen. Since RingCentral Meetings is powered by Zoom, I don't see why they can't make this available. We really need this option, otherwise, we will have to switch.

answered on Apr 1, 2020 at 2:07pm  
It works for me on Zoom when I un-check "I have a green screen". This option is not available on RingCentral.

answered on Apr 1, 2020 at 11:10am  
On RC it only works well when you use a high quality green screen as the backdrop.  With the lower quality green screens you get the head "shimmer". On other colored solid backgrounds its choppy.  On Zoom it seems to work fine regardless of what kind of background you are using.

answered on Apr 1, 2020 at 9:35am  
Is everyone else experience choppy virtual background that does not work even with solid colors?

answered on Mar 31, 2020 at 11:57pm  
Are there plans on giving RC customers this capability? With everyone working remotely at this time, many users are requesting virtual backgrounds. I agree, if RC is powered by zoom, why do we not yet have this capability?

answered on Aug 5, 2019 at 7:58am  
Hi Jessica, I came to ask almost the same thing - Zoom have recently added a plugin that makes the Virtual Background work even without a greenscreen (or reasonable substitute) - do you know if and when this capability will make its way to RCM?  Thanks.

answered on Dec 5, 2018 at 3:39pm  
Hi Justin, 

RingCentral Meetings does have virtual backgrounds. Check out this KB article here for more information! 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us